It Doesn't Owe Me Anything

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niall Y

Established Member
Reaction score
I've finally done for my Powerbase Xtreme detail sander. I bought it from Homebase thirty odd years ago, to sand the stairs that I was stripping at home. It was really handy for getting into those tight little corners that my orbital couldn't reach.
I remember my wife's comment when I said that I didn't think it would be up to the task, which was "Use it till it breaks, then take it back and get a refund". Well, for the first two weeks I hammered it good and hard, and it didn't break. It was used for the renovation of all the other woodwork in the house, and still it held out. It has come in useful over the years especially when stripping doors, to get into the corner of the panels. Fast forward till a couple of days ago when I was using it on some skirting. when it suddenly sped up, slowed down, , sped up again, and died. Not a bad innings at all. And it had certainly paid for itself, on that first job

I've finally done for my Powerbase Xtreme detail sander. I bought it from Homebase thirty odd years ago, to sand the stairs that I was stripping at home. It was really handy for getting into those tight little corners that my orbital couldn't reach.
I remember my wife's comment when I said that I didn't think it would be up to the task, which was "Use it till it breaks, then take it back and get a refund". Well, for the first two weeks I hammered it good and hard, and it didn't break. It was used for the renovation of all the other woodwork in the house, and still it held out. It has come in useful over the years especially when stripping doors, to get into the corner of the panels. Fast forward till a couple of days ago when I was using it on some skirting. when it suddenly sped up, slowed down, , sped up again, and died. Not a bad innings at all. And it had certainly paid for itself, on that first job
So is it out of warranty now?

Back