Identify a Tyme lathe please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogerj

Reaction score
This lathe has fallowed me around since the late 80s and I've rescued it from a dark corner of the workshop. I never got into wood turning although I once made a new handle for a small frying pan. I've searched the internet images for one like it but nothing fits. You can see that it has a single round bar as a "bed" unlike all the other Tyme lathes I see which have two square bars. There is 10" clearance over the center to the bar and 30" between centers. The labels on the headstock and the motor have faded to illegibility. It was bought from a tool shop in Southampton long since gone...Any help appreciated. Roger.
In the photo a small faceplate which has been drilled to take the 3 jaw chuck. edit..and the base frame was not part of the original..I made it.

cropped.jpg
motor.jpg

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 917
  • cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 917
Search the forum on that Tyme number - pretty sure I posted some publicity material from Woodworker referring to just that one. Don't think they ever sold many and they were rapidly replaced with the twin bed Avon and Cub models.

Seems I need to have made more posts so it won't appear on sales and wants after all. :(
However I will go instead to General Woodworking for some advice on a Dewalt 720.
Roger

Back