I just had to ( sorry )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to sweep up in the shed, I’m walking on a fortune. Been trying to think of a good use for sawdust for years, not I know just sell it.

Need a good marketing ploy “ hand madein Shropshire” #-o

.......the clue is in the 'organic' bit.

Years ago I used to give my Oak sawdust (Must be Oak and must be clean of paint etc.) to a guy who smoked meat and fish and cheese.

When I was building my shed, all the shaving from the planer\thicknesser from making the windows and door filled up about 6 large black bin bags. Some bloke who kept chickens came over from Rochdale and paid me £20 for it all. LOL

Oak sawdust is a highly prized asset around these parts. Used for smoked fish, usually cod and haddock, which is now a protected process.

Of course there are sensible uses for some sawdusts and shavings - I've suggested that as we live in an area where loads of people fish our club keeps chippings from oak, beech, cherry, pear, apple etc. pack them into e.g. 2lb bags and sell them for a quid a pop on open days.
The mixed stuff goes to a stables.

Back