How good are the budget Mortisers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For light use the cheaper ones are fine, not as convenient maybe but they do a very similar job. Worth investing in decent chisels above budget ones IMO but even that depends on usage. It's a bit like the table saw question, what's the difference between a Wadkin 10" AGS and the Axminster TS250?

ColinP":13kfso59 said:
For light use the cheaper ones are fine, not as convenient maybe but they do a very similar job. Worth investing in decent chisels above budget ones IMO but even that depends on usage. It's a bit like the table saw question, what's the difference between a Wadkin 10" AGS and the Axminster TS250?

As far as I can make out only weight and bragging rights. :twisted:

Mike

MikeJhn":m5dlow1w said:
ColinP":m5dlow1w said:

As far as I can make out only weight and bragging rights. :twisted:

Mike
There's probably a bit more to it than that :lol: but for non commercial use it would be a fair argument in my book. Yes there are exceptions but a morticer is only a glorified pillar drill with a fancy vice

"what's the difference between a Wadkin 10" AGS and the Axminster TS250?"

Having owned BOTH (well, the ts200) I can tell you categorically...LOTS!! The AGS is a Rolls Royce compared to the Chinese rip-off biscuit tin AXI's.

Sam

Back