how bigs your shop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16 x 10 ft cold, non-insulated shed.

In winter time it's impossible to work there. In autum I have to protect all machinery before freezing weather... :(

Fortunately I have a possibility to use some nice workshop with top class machinery once a week in winter time... :wink:

I have a little over 300 sq ft - 17'x19' ish - unfortunately arranged as two long thin rooms ~ 8'x19' one for storage and one for workspace. It's not ideal, but it's very, very convenient, directly across the street from where I live. I'd love to have half as much again, but perhaps clearing out what I have already might help a bit, lol.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'd be interested to see what others pay for their workshops, assuming they rent? Mine's ~£820 per quarter incl. heat & power, plus business rates at ~£150 per quarter, which I think is pretty decent for a small commercial workspace in London.

Cheers, Pete

781 sq ft = £210 per cal month (includes electric, building maintainance and use of a maintained toilet block) and no business rates to pay.

I could go up to a 1560 sq ft workshop with a very high roofline for £400 pr cal month but I'm too tight

:lol:

Workshop is about 18' by 12', highly insulated, with double doors to an integral 18' by 16' double garage which can be used as overspill when the cars are banished into the snow.
But it's never tidy..........

An old barn 50 x 36 feet, with an upstairs loft the same size and a wood store 'lean to' on the long side. Very cold in winter, but OK the rest of the time. I have a wood burning stove but it takes a long time to get the place warmed up and needs 'feeding every half hour!!

Sorry but I think I win the ...I've got the smallest workshop award!!! It's 6' x 4' ! I have a small mini lathe, a grinder, a drill press and all my tools in there.... as well as garden tools and a mini moto!!!
What's my prize!!!

Not even a tiny one :lol: oh and I forgot the pet mouse that has moved into it, and the hedgehog that lives under it!!

In rented house so no chance of a bigger one anytime soon :cry:

My garage is my workshop - 9'6 at narrowest point (chimney breast) x 23'6 long.
Lack of width is the main problem.

Si.

Melinda_dd":1z2hr8jn said:
Sorry but I think I win the ...I've got the smallest workshop award!!! It's 6' x 4' ! I have a small mini lathe, a grinder, a drill press and all my tools in there.... as well as garden tools and a mini moto!!!
What's my prize!!!

How about a couple of pics, I'm looking for some ideas, as I've hardly any space either.
mack #-o

My shop is about 60ft X 30ft. I am currently in the process of adding some space up above as the roof is quite high and when thats finished there should be about a 30ftx30ft space up there. I also have a store shed for firewood and junk i dont want in the shop.

cheers

Jon

mack9110000":3sl0647s said:
Melinda_dd":3sl0647s said:
What's my prize!!!

How about a couple of pics, I'm looking for some ideas, as I've hardly any space either.
mack #-o

Believe me, It would only give you idea's of what not to do!!! It's enough to make a good woodturner cry!! It's not exactly everyone's cup of t... I struggle sometimes!! but.....
Do I get a prise now!!! the other side has the minimoto buried under gardening stuff etc

Latest posts

Back