History of the corner chair?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TH26

Reaction score
I hope I've put this in the right place. I was wondering if anyone had information on the history of the corner chair or any books that would be worth checking out? I have to write a paper about them and I am struggling to find a lot of information when looking through google, it's all pretty broad and vague. Thank you in advance.

A good tip for this sort of question is to use Google Book Search - it helpfully ignores most of the sites wanting to sell you a chair and goes straight into the text of proper books. Some are entirely visible, some only partly visible and others not visible at all in the UK. But it will give you leads which you can easily follow up. If you find books you want to consult in a library, you can follow Google's "Find in a Library" links which take you to the excellent Worldcat site. Tell the site your location and it will present you with a list of libraries that have the book in question, nearest first.

So, if you start with this search and work your way down the results, you get hits such as this one from "A History of Seating" which discusses the puzzle of the corner chair and considers what other writers have said - you can then hunt down their books as well.

Another good tip is to complete your forum profile with your location, so people can recommend local museums, libraries etc which can also be helpful.

Back