High angle frogs for 'normal' Bailey-style planes?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order to put the superlatives in their proper context, please remind us what replaced the HNT Gordon units.

fishing_06.gif

Tell us when you are bored of this, Charles.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Eric The Viking":rriglwlc said:
Neat and elegantly simple idea, Derek.

All this explains why nobody makes a frog - subtle differences in Bailey designs, and that there's no blindingly obvious improvement in performance that you could point to as a selling point for a commercial venture.

E.

Not so fast. Based on the text BugBear quoted, Derek, at least, seems to have experienced a pretty startling improvement in performance.

CStanford":2p54qvys said:
In order to put the superlatives in their proper context, please remind us what replaced the HNT Gordon units.

If you have something to say, Charles, please have the courage to say it clearly, and in full.

Having done this, please do us all the favour of not redundantly half-saying something everytime you post.

BugBear

bugbear":f1z6zlvf said:
CStanford":f1z6zlvf said:

If you have something to say, Charles, please have the courage to say it clearly, and in full.

Having done this, please do us all the favour of not redundantly half-saying something everytime you post.

BugBear

I'm saying that in order to place the superlatives regarding all of these tools (and their modifications as it applies) into proper context it would be interesting to know what replaced them and why. "Why I fell out of love..." that sort of thing. How long did the relationship last, what it serious, a whirlwind, a quickie, etc.

And frankly, it all seems a bit like a Junior High crush to me. These things often seem to lack a useful temporal context, which is what they need most in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back