Hi from Plymouth.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Bray

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a 55 year old male who tends to have cycled through the years through various 'hobbies' of which woodworking is one. I have rekindled my interest in woodworking and over the last few weeks sorted out and dusted off my kit and replaced a few items that have suffered from a lack of interest and disuse over the last few years.

I am now in a position where I have managed to get all that I would like (and can afford) and am now ready to actually create something. In the past I have made some furniture and useful objects (a multimedia centre and matching Lectern from Oak, for a local church which is still being used today).

My equipment list is as follows:

Kity 419 8" Table Saw, I bought this new in the early 90s, still works well, I have the extension tables and the sliding table too, but I do not like the sliding table and it has not been attached to the saw for many years.

Taiwanese 14" Band Saw, bought this in 1998 has had very little use, strangely enough I have used it more in the last few weeks than I did in the previous 15 years.

I have an Axminster 12" Thicknesser, but the gears had seized up and my being over zealous at trying to get it to move managed to crack the casting, now only fit for parts. I have replaced this with a Fox 10" x 5" Planar/Thicknesser which seems to work well and was quite reasonable.

I have a SIP Ultimate Sliding Mitre Saw which is also on a SIP Mitre Saw Table.

I also have a Clarke Drill Press which I found out this afternoon still works.

Powered hand tools, if Ryobi Make it and it is One+ I probably have it, okay maybe not, but I do have a lot of Ryobi One+ stuff and really like it, I also have a few Dewalt items too.

I currently have four routers, a brand New Triton TRA001 (a beast) which arrived this morning and I took an hour or so to mount it in my old Trend Router Table, I have also just bought a Ryobi ERT1400RV which I just could not pass up at the price I paid (£69 delivered) and I will adapt this (when the new Trend sub-base arrives next week, why on earth there is no standard guide bush fitting on the Ryobi I do not know) for use with my Leigh D4 Dovetail Jig (I have also bought the Leigh upgrade items to convert the jig to do what the more modern versions do (hence why I finally made room to get to the Drill Press).

I still have my old Dewalt DW620 and ELU MOF96E routers which I will use for handheld tasks.

I am looking forward to participating in the forum and hopefully in time I will be able to usefully contribute.

Eddie.

Hiya and welcome Ed :D

As long as you stay away from anything to do with sharpening :shock: , this is a great forum.

I wish you all the best in developing your skills in wood butchering!! (hammer)

Thank you all, I do have a Tormek T7 with various jigs, but I haven't even taken it out of the box yet (only had it for about 6 weeks though) :D

Welcome to the Forum Ed. How's things down in 'Guzz' these days? On Google Earth it looks like much has changed!

Cheers and enjoy the woodwork.

John

Welcome Ed...my old stamping ground :) Fondest memory of Plymouth....diving in Plymouth Sound in a 7mm wet suit with the visibility so poor you literally couldn't see your hand held 3 inches from your nose!

Also watching a tramp eating the relish with the spoon provided in the dish when Cap'n Jaspers back was turned (the old Cap'n Japers I mean not the useless plastic new one).

Back