HELP Need a new replacement Scroll saw but tight budget

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm Getting a headache now :-? surely one of these cheapo's will work. Probably the AWFS16 due to the support Axminster give?

Hi Rob ,
Sorry to hear about the fire.The Delta is a good saw,I have used one in the past and i have another model of Delta at the moment.Was the fire recent ?If you need a hand with anything you can send me a PM if you would like some help.

peter.

Thanks Pete
Everything is OK now just trying to rebuild what we've lost. My plan was to get a band saw so I could prepare timber/logs (get them to thickness/shape) for the scroll saw but I think I'll just spend the money and just get a scroll saw. What do you guys use to prepare timber/logs or do you just buy material ready to use

Cheers Brian
I think my plan is going for the AWFS 18 again and get the quick clamps. I initially thought the Hegner came with them but it doesn't. I would have to spend another £40 for these. The plan was get a band saw to produce my wood from logs then hopefully get a cheap but competent scroll saw to work with. But you need a decent band saw with at least 1hp - 1.5hp motor and that's going to be £400 + but scroll saws in the £100 bracket don't match up. Probably get a scroll saw then save for a decent Band saw.

Apparently you need a big magnet.... That helps you find the lost Hegner clamps when they disappear 'into the void' previously only occupied by spiders in your workshop.

IMHO the AWFS18 looks to be a very decent saw, I have not tried one but to me it looks like a carbon copy of the Hegner but at a much more reasonable price. I have a Hegner and it is brilliant but you do have to pay a lot for the Hegner name!

I would be most interested to hear of your experiences of the AWFS18 if you get one. :)

I did have the AWFS 18 unfortunately it isn't fire proof!!!, my only issue with it was the blade holders pretty useless. I bought some new handles for the clamps, which worked fine for a while then used a Steve good pattern for new handles and fitted new m5 bolts into them. Worked a treat. The AWFS18 is a very good saw

rob39":3w0vb6g6 said:
Cheers Brian
I think my plan is going for the AWFS 18 again and get the quick clamps. I initially thought the Hegner came with them but it doesn't. I would have to spend another £40 for these.

You only need one quick clamp, for the top.

Back