hello - quick intro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvage

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello to all

Just signed up after lurking for a while ,

A little about me

I'm currently engaged in what seems like a never ending house renovation in between whittling various projects for pocket money

My preference is to use antique / reclaimed / scrap timber for both cabinet work and turnery

looking forward to contributing to this board and getting some advice from the knowledge pool

Salvage

Welcome to UKW, Salvage..

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and remember theres no such thing as a stupid question :D

salvage":2o3lfcve said:
Hello to all

Just signed up after lurking for a while ,

My preference is to use antique / reclaimed / scrap timber for both cabinet work and turnery

l
Salvage

Welcome to the forum Salvage.
As you use reclaimed materials, I am sure you have a 'metal detector' among your tools. I didn't have one until a planer knife got ruined!

Again, welcome and enjoy the forum.

John :)

Thanks for the greetings all

Code:
 - you aren't Rico Daniels are you?

- nope

Code:
As you use reclaimed materials, I am sure you have a 'metal detector' among your tools

-no metal detector although its about time I thought about trying one

Code:
Welcome Salvage, from another reclaimed/scrap wood user

-hope to exchange ideas sometime

:D

Hello,and welcome to the forum :D

Andrew (also not unknown to give old timber a new home - usually mine :wink: )

As you use reclaimed materials, I am sure you have a 'metal detector' among your tools. I didn't have one until a planer knife got ruined!

Well worth the money, there's nothing pleasant about the noise as your planer knife carves through a rust nail. I KNOW!

Roy.

Hope you enjoy your stay here, and remember theres no such thing as a stupid question

Neil, havent you read ANY of my posts ? :D

Welcome Salvage, from one reclaim lurker to another

Big Fat Pig":2j0vhdnc said:
Hope you enjoy your stay here, and remember theres no such thing as a stupid question

Neil, havent you read ANY of my posts ? :D

Welcome Salvage, from one reclaim lurker to another

Aye BFP... But I see plenty of stupid answers!

(hammer)

John

hey salvage

did you read the info on the forum about the guy who reproduced antique furniture from antique wood, and made a fortune ; sold some bits for half a mill!!!! its on the forum somewhere.

I've got a little project on at the moment actually!

Watch this space...
And welcome, from another newbie....

Now what have I said?

I never even thought about Salvage himself!

That'll teach me for trying to be witty when I know I'm not!
:oops:

John

neilyweely":374u4v7j said:
hey salvage

did you read the info on the forum about the guy who reproduced antique furniture from antique wood, and made a fortune ; sold some bits for half a mill!!!! its on the forum somewhere.

Watch this space...

post the link if you can find it - I could do with a cunning plan to refill the coffers :lol:

salvage":2xqgcldz said:
neilyweely":2xqgcldz said:
hey salvage

Watch this space...

post the link if you can find it - I could do with a cunning plan to refill the coffers :lol:

Hi Salvage,

Absoloutely nothing I said was intended to have a go at you, or anyone else for that matter. I drop these bricks occasionally, though I suspect I am not alone.

If you find a way of filling the coffers, let me know... I could do with a top-up too!
Regards
John :D \:D/

Back