Had a good weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Went away to a transport Rally the weekend and came back with goodies. I picked up a paint pressure pot to use for making pen blanks for £11, a working Bosch heat gun for the grand sum of £3, a large piece of new black perspex to photograph some of my work on for £5, three bowls balls for £5 see picture and two pieces of ash measuring 7 1/2" X 7 1/2" X 59" which I have cut in half along the length to give me one piece 4"thick and the other 3" thick, the second piece is 9 3/4" wide by 3" thick and the same length. So I am a happy man.

DSCF4737%202_zpsxawfz1dj.jpg

1baa1f8c-0994-4fff-8a68-5c87ff45dc9f_zps1df17nkq.jpg

I kick myself on a regular basis when I see bowls being reworked. I gave away 2 sets which had belonged to my great Grandfather. Someone who was a new bowler was looking for a set, so I gave them to him because they were no use to me. If only I had known.........
Enjoy them mate, although the wood is said to be as hard as a statue's heart.

there are some quality old school solid wood skateboard decks in that ash, i'd have a lot of fun making decks with that. great buy!

Tazmaniandevil":29fejcff said:
I kick myself on a regular basis when I see bowls being reworked. I gave away 2 sets which had belonged to my great Grandfather. Someone who was a new bowler was looking for a set, so I gave them to him because they were no use to me. If only I had known.........
Enjoy them mate, although the wood is said to be as hard as a statue's heart.
It does turn nicely I made a mallet from one. These balls have not yet been assigned a job yet but at the price I got them for I grabbed them. And the Bloke I got the Ash from also has some Walnut at the same price. I will be getting some a little later in the year. Here is a very short video of him cutting the Ash for me. Yes it is still wet even though the log has been stored for a year. Sorry for the bad camera work did not have my tripod with me.
https://youtu.be/hk_DJg1o-hY

Back