Getting there but need help to finish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernienufc

Established Member
Reaction score
So with the sapele inlaid into the sycamore i have glued together top and bottom sycamore boards best i can and sanded using the sander gizzmo i built (see other thread).

I know you can still see the hole for the start where the blade went in, i tried to fill but not too successfully i see, so i want to finish it now but do not want to clean it with anything that might affect the mineral oil i have to go on at the end.

I would like the sapele to be better than it is too but again not sure what to do next, so i am asking for some pointers here how to move on please

many thanks
bernie

board.JPG

Attachments

• board.JPG
    board.JPG
    254.4 KB · Views: 108
Thank you, i think its time i sat down with a professional scroller though as i have so many questions about where i am going wrong, i know that practise makes perfect but its also expensive :)

Hi

Very nice bit of work. What finish are you planning on using, you mention a mineral oil? I would suggest something like danish oil or, if you don't want to loose the whiteness of the sycamore, an acrylic lacquer.

Chris

Hi Chris
All it says on the bottle is:
'Original wood tops' 'mineral oil', what the experts use for chopping boards and butcher blocks
thanks

Back