fox 10" sliding mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon,
Im hoping to upgrade my old rexon chopsaw to a sliding mitre saw,ive been looking at the Fox 10" sliding mitre saw from Rutlands for £149.99,has anyone used one of these saws?

Unfortunately the budget wont stretch much further at the moment :(

Many thanks

Joe

I have the end of line previous model with the two long rod slides the blade was replaced with a narrow kerf CMT i find it ok, that is just good enough there is some side play in the blade bearings but when running it cuts quite nicely,angle repeatability is ok noisy as these brush motors always are i would say fine for the money with a new blade if you require a fine finish to the cut.

No experience of the fox I'm afraid, but I can say that at this price point, steer clear of the jet one (jsms-10l I think). Given the price I didn't expect it to be particularly accurate and expected to need to do some fettling, but even though its a lot better than it was, it's still only barely acceptable, I'm not able to get a repeatable 90 degree angle in any direction, much less a predictable lesser angle. I have a feeling it'll skulk in the corner of the workshop for a while, before I give it best and stick it on ebay.

Joe,
I did the exact same thing, had a Rexxon , which was fine for 2 or 3 years then just went pop one day. motor shot, so a scrapper. Bought a Fox sliding saw same as you are considering from Rutlands and it much more versatile and has much better capacity than the Rexon, although a heavier unit to lug about,.
its a noisy beast as they all are with brush motors but cuts well. holds its setting and prefer it to the Rexon, although that was fine at the time.
The bed setttings are strange at first, for 90 and 45 degrees just a detent ball rather than a solid mechanical lock, but works well and no complaints. and its adjustable anyway via a sliding detent ring under the bed. Just dont bother with the laser though, if you cant use a pencil mark or a tape measure a laser is not going to make you more accurate
and add a small pad of mDF to the hold down clamp metal face plate, evostick some 80 grit paper to the clamping face and its very solid and reliable...... The wing extensions are better than the Rexon too, and the supplied blade is a good all rounder
I believe the Fox is cloned from a much more costly model of a Dewalt model

Back