Foot pedal.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Servo

Established Member
Reaction score
This is hard to explain.
I already have the foot pedal from that nice guy in china.
But I'm having problems with my foot, so keeping my foot down for the machine to go is painful.
Is there a foot pedal that if you press down then remove ur foot it keeps going, press again for off?

Bob

They are not the clearest. So the following is a guess without seeing the switch.

How many connections are there available to you? how are they labelled?
if two, then its probably just in and out
if three, it is probably one in (common?) and then a NO (normally open) and an NC (normally closed). one will become live (switch on) when the pedal is released, the other becomes live when pedal is pressed.
if four I cant guess, i'd need to play with it.

Hi nev, it has four terminals. No marking on them. But I figured they are paired. So I guess I f I wired the two contacts that are floating with the live in live out when the s/w is pressed the saw will start..

Listen for the bang!!

seeing as it is only one (live) wire being 'broken' by the switch there is not a lot to go bang :) it will either stay on / off or switch. if it switches when up or down and you want the other try a different terminal. you shouldnt be able to damage either the switch or the machine as you are only making and breaking a contact.

Cheers Nev, wife has just comeback in after trying the s/w and she says it works fine. Now its my turn

MMUK":2s0a23ob said:
A four wire foot switch will be double pole so it makes/breaks both live and neutral lines :)

Looking at the info, one side is NO (Normally Open) and the other side is NC (Normally Closed) so that wouldn't work in this case, only one side can be used.

martinka":27sr1mtd said:
MMUK":27sr1mtd said:
A four wire foot switch will be double pole so it makes/breaks both live and neutral lines :)

Looking at the info, one side is NO (Normally Open) and the other side is NC (Normally Closed) so that wouldn't work in this case, only one side can be used.

Ah. Just looked at the CPC link :oops:

Latest posts

Back