Flooring Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diviy

Established Member
Reaction score
After seven years my works shop in mearly finished just windows to go in .It is a single block buid on a 10" concreate base with a dpm in it .
So as it is all empty I am thinking of insulating the floor my idea is 25mm Polystyrene Sheets with batterns then a 11mm osb floor on top.
do you think this will work .

Gerry

I did something similar to my workshop, but used 50mm treated battens and 50mm Celotex insulation boards with Chipboard Flooring 18 x 600 x 2400mm over the top.

It may be worthwhile comparing the price of OSB3 to Chipboard Flooring.

I put two coats of floor paint over too.

Osb is damn ugly, put it in my shed and decided I have to cover it it's that ugly. Chipboard would look better or ply. 11mm sounds thin.

F.

what thickness flooring should i look at also I have been given load of Protect VC Foil Ultra sheeting today would that be worth lying on the floor concreate allready had a dpm in it . so i was thinking of layer of Protect VC Foil Ultra then 25mm Polystyrene Sheets with battons at 18" centre then osb flooring unsure what thicknes to go for now .
Next question I am going to use the Protect VC Foil Ultra sheeting to cover block work then batterns to add shiplap as a finish should I use a air gap between the Protect VC Foil Ultra sheeting and shiplap or add insulation between the two .

managed to get 18mm osb3 board for two quid more any advive or suggestions as getting it saturday .One thing not sure on is battern space`s as it now 18mm board

Cheers Gerry

Latest posts

Back