Floating bed project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he means that 8 dowels will struggle to stop those leg boards from being twisted out of the frame if the bed is moved back and forth. If you look at the photo you posted at the top of the thread you'll see a board underneath between the two legs, looks like one either side. Adding even one board at floor level under your central support would help stop the legs twisting and failing

I think he means that 8 dowels will struggle to stop those leg boards from being twisted out of the frame if the bed is moved back and forth. If you look at the photo you posted at the top of the thread you'll see a board underneath between the two legs, looks like one either side. Adding even one board at floor level under your central support would help stop the legs twisting and failing
I understand. The legs are 40mm thick and there's a middle batten holding them together tightly. The whole thing is very solid.

I'll come back here once it collapses 😬

I understand. The legs are 40mm thick and there's a middle batten holding them together tightly. The whole thing is very solid.

I'll come back here once it collapses 😬
The thickness of the ‘legs’ is largely irrelevant…..the potential twisting moment provided by the length of them provides a good multiplication factor to the force applied to the dowels. The top brace will not lessen this and as Tris posted a central board would stabilise it greatly.

Last edited:
Back