Flip over drill/drivers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mack9110000

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend one of these which won't fall apart after 5 mins use.I've found it a very useful timesaver but the 2 I've had (Silverline) I know, not the best, would have been great but for their unreliability.
mack

I've got the De Walt version and they're no better! Spending more money does not always get you a better product.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful,

I have the Trend Snappy set and they seem fine. I have however broken one of the drill bits on the smaller one...but it was my on fault. :oops:

I have a Ryobi set of 3 in a blue box. Broken the drills, but replaceable . Great tool when screwing chipboard floors.

Mike Wingate":1rmmok75 said:
I have a Ryobi set of 3 in a blue box. Broken the drills, but replaceable . Great tool when screwing chipboard floors.

Do you have a "link" for this one?
mack

I have two Magna sets for sale if anyone wants them, unused, 4 piece sets in cases. £10 each plus £2 for postage.

I've had the DeWalt version for years and apart from broken drill bits, it's given me great service and I wouldn't be without it. I have a cheapie silverline kit as well ind it's absolute rubbish by comparison.

To be fair, I really only use it if I'm assembling chipboard or MDF carcases as I don't think it's heavy duty enough for hardwoods

Bob

I prefer a snappy set up with one mag bit holder and a TCT countersink/counterbore and change between them.

The advantage of the CSk/CBR is that you can drill a full clearance hole in the first piece of wood upto 6mm dia which saves the screws jacking and the joint not pulling together. The flips only drill a small pilot hole.

And once you have the snappy holder you can also quickly change between a wide range of tooling, say you wanted to use a 12mm flat bit with a flip over you would have to take one out and put the other in, snappy lets you do it all in seconds

J

Latest posts

Back