Fitting brusso ball catches

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one has any experience/tips about fitting these:

http://www.brusso.com/bc-263s/

I have to fit some to a pair of cabinet doors, top and bottom and haven't used them before. I'm a bit nervous as it doesn't look like there's much margin for error, and I can imagine a mistake being difficult to sort out (ie how do you get the thing out of the hole once it is in there if the height is not quite right.....).

I fitted some on a job a few months back although they were not the Brusso ones. no problem to fit them really. They have a shoulder on the top edge so they can't go too deep into the hole. (The ones I used did anyway) Once they are fitted into the door I cover the ball in felt marker and close the door this then marks the position the striker plate needs to be fitted at. HTH. :wink:

Thanks, I don't think mine have a shoulder, the felt tip trick is excellent though!

mailee":2w77t56p said:
I fitted some on a job a few months back although they were not the Brusso ones. no problem to fit them really. They have a shoulder on the top edge so they can't go too deep into the hole. (The ones I used did anyway) Once they are fitted into the door I cover the ball in felt marker and close the door this then marks the position the striker plate needs to be fitted at. HTH. :wink:
Good tip =D> . I am fixing some ball catches this week and will try this :lol:
Regards Keith

Back