First question from a newbie regarding planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andybos0

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have recently purchased a record pt260 and once in the workshop found a few problems, namely the motor was kaput, having priced up a new motor from record I decided to get a new motor sent over from Ireland which was 170 quid cheaper but highly recommended, now I have fitted the motor I have now found that the pulley is to big for the shaft by about 1mm, I am told the motors only come as standard 19mm or 24mm shaft so I got the 19mm but the pulley is measuring 20mm, so the questions are

1, do record make the pulleys and motors bespoke
2, is it possible to buy new pulley off the shelf
3, what type of pulley would be best v or flat ( currently the pulley I have is flat)
4 does anyone know the size of the pulleys that record supply as they tell me the pulleys are only 18mm which is completely different to what I have all round.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Andy

That's what I thought but I am lost with imperial would not even know how to measure it but when I go down to workshop in morning I will see if my verniers will measure in imperial, so if it is imperial Will I just need to buy a new set of pulleys ?

If it is a standard v-belt pulley you will be able to buy a new one with the same outer diametre off the shelf at some local industrial supplier. If the shaft is a common size you can buy a taperlock pulley with a matching center but if the shaft is odd sized wou must buy a pulley without a hole and ask some local machinist to turn the hole and drift the keyway.

No problems!

Hello and welcome.
I would be inclined to get a local metal turner to turn a 1mm spacer, possibly with a collar 1 side, cut out the key way making them a snug fit.
This would probably be the cheapest, and easiest way all round.
Regards Rodders

Thanks for the replies chaps being a great help,

now going to bore out the pulley to 21mm and fit a 1mm spacer to bring it back down to the 19mm.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all hope you have a great time.

Andy

Latest posts

Back