Filing cabinet hanging hardware

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza111

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I want to make a desk for my house from veneered MDF and will (hopefully) include some filing drawers which will have either 12mm or 15mm sides. Ive searched the web but can't find much. Can anyone recommend any hardware to hang the actual files in the drawers. I can't really do a groove in the drawer sides as Im not up to that and the drawer material isn't really suitable. I did think about using angled metal from somewhere like B Q but not sure what it will look like or how to stop the files from falling off the back and front!

Has anyone done these or got any ideas??

Thanks for any help

T

If the drawers have an applied front, make the drawer boxes big enough to take the complete file hanger, then notch the front and back of the drawer to fit some flat Stainless steel or Brass bar into them.

By doing it this way the files are kept in the drawer box and can't fall of the end of the runner.

Flat bar 20mm x 3mm is easily bought on Ebay.

Tom

Thanks Tomatwark thats a very good idea one i hadn't even considered as I was looking to mount something on the sides themselves. I think that will work nicely. Can I ask......if you have done them, how would you do the notch? What tool? etc

Thank you

T

What I normally do is mark the depth of the cut scribe lines to it, drill a hole at the bottom and then use a fine tooth saw to remove the waste.

Quick and easy.

Latest posts

Back