Festool vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul hd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My vac turns on when switched to auto and no tool attached. When I plug a tool into the vac and turn the knob to auto the vac starts up straight away.

Any help on this would be great.

Regards
Paul.

Something wrong there. In Auto, the vac should only start when a tool is plugged in and then only when the tool is switched on,. Suggest you speak with the supplier as the wiring seems wrong.

That is exactly how it has worked since new for two years.
Today was the first time it decided to do things differently.

I have a Lidaldi one that now behaves in the same way. I think I may be partly to blame, as it has a power take-off of 1400W and I have my SCMS connected to it which is somewhat more hungry than that.
Funnily enough, mine started working properly again, for no reason that I could fathom, after being mardy for quite a long time, and it stayed that way, also for quite a long time. It's back to being mardy at the mo.
It will be something failing in the electronics. Probably not difficult to fix if you can get a new circuit board, or have an electronic friend.

Vacuums are something that Festool does well (although I don't think they actually make them), I have 3 all of which get used loads but never had a problem with any of them.

If it's under 3yrs old speak to Festool and they should sort you out.

I've had the same trouble with my Festool extractors over the years. It's a problem with the motherboard or switch and usually costs about £100 to fix. I've just had to retire my oldest one as the parts are no longer available

I also have 3 and am struggling to get the filter bags for the oldest one (2002).
They have also performed faultlessly. Contact Festool UK in Bury St Edmunds and speak to someone in the Technical Dept.
If it's out of the 3 year warranty, you can repair it yourself or send it back to them and let them repair it.

Tim.

Thank you guys for the info.

At least it still runs. I only use the auto setting when I'm on the scroll saw, which is very handy.

Back