Festool TS 55 - should I?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superunknown

Established Member
Reaction score
Festool TS 55 Q-Plus-FS Plunge Cut Circular Saw 160mm Blade 1200w 240v + Guide Rail + Systainer System Case £ 371.30

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=146691

I have had an old stayer plunge saw for years, its been great, but I am so tempted by this offer.

Having never used festool before, will it really be as good as everybody says? Is it something that will be a good investment and pay for itself over time?

If I buy this by all accounts I will be on 'slope', is that true. Will I become a festool addict? :lol:

Is the maffel saw any better and how does the makita compare? Help please.

Steve :)

superunknown":s2psih90 said:
Festool TS 55 Q-Plus-FS Plunge Cut Circular Saw 160mm Blade 1200w 240v + Guide Rail + Systainer System Case £ 371.30

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=146691

I have had an old stayer plunge saw for years, its been great, but I am so tempted by this offer.

Having never used festool before, will it really be as good as everybody says? Is it something that will be a good investment and pay for itself over time?

If I buy this by all accounts I will be on 'slope', is that true. Will I become a festool addict? :lol:

Is the maffel saw any better and how does the makita compare? Help please.

Steve :)

Steve no no no, not on your nelly. That is unless you want Festool named in your divorce. Once bitten by the bug it is a slippery slope, and unless you are like Rob (Woodbloke) who recently resisted the urge to splash out on a Domino, there is no hope :lol:

Seriously if you want a new saw IMHO there is none better.

On the other hand some members like the Dewalt, and yet others like the Maffel. Personally I have not seen the Makita.

Cheers

Mike

I had a demo of the Maffel at Axminster in Sittingbourne and was very impressed by that, but is the extra £150 or whatever really worth it over the festool? To be honest I just don't like the look of the dewalt and some of the reviews of it are not so great.

The Domino is on my list too ;)

I haven't checked, but that link is to a Q-plus and not the usual EBQ-plus, which explains at least some of the apparent discount - haven't checked how much. The brake (the B) is definitely worthwhile and personally I think the electronic speed control is (the E).

The fact we're all festool addicts is all you need to know really isnt it? We wouldnt be obsessed with rubbish tools now would we :D

I like to get my fixes from the best only...

Buy it, you wont regret it

Luke

So what your saying is go for it then....lol :D

Well I think im gonna take the plunge (sorry) and I might just get the domino at the same time.

I just need to get my current project out the way and then find a good deal for the pair. Nice!

Thank all for the input.

superunknown":aio6ismx said:
So what your saying is go for it then....lol :D

Well I think im gonna take the plunge (sorry) and I might just get the domino at the same time.

I just need to get my current project out the way and then find a good deal for the pair. Nice!

Thank all for the input.

Once you are on the well greased slope - consider an MFT - they make it very versatile!

Don't hesitate. I would put this as one of the best power tools ever.

It is addictive maybe, but what the hell!

Mike

8)

YES

but shop around as said above that model is the cheaper one anyway with less gadgets. No brake which is ok I dont have one on mine as they dont do 110 volt saws with brakes but you dont need it but the electronic speed control does come in handy.

Go direct to www.festool.co.uk to check prices and you can actually buy direct from them. The TS55 comes with a spare 28 tooth standard blade and two clamps at the moment thats the Spring deal.

Another bit of advice if you get a 1400 rail with it try to get the one with holes in it so if you decide to get more Festool in the future then you will be set up for the shelf hole drilling jig.

Good advice, thank you, I will go for the model with the breaking and speed control, I didn't realise there were two models.

Not sure about the MFT, can't see I would need one, maybe in the future.

Back