Festool Switcher... Update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNC Paul

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I got fed up with switching over the power and the hose on my Festool vacuum when I have two power tools on the go, so I came up with the Switcher.

It is not finished yet, I just need to paint it and connect the electrics.

The concept was to plug in two tools to the power output on the vacuum and to be able to swap the extract hoses quickly.

I cut the parts out on the CNC, sorry about the cr*ppy pictures
switcher2002.jpg

The base clips into the case clips

switcher007.jpg

The inside has a divider for the electrics on the right, on the left is a short length of 2" waste pipe that pushes into the vacuum outlet and then enters the
bottom of the switcher, above that is a slider that has a couple of holes, one or the other is blanked off when you push or pull it.

switcher2005.jpg

switcher2003.jpg

Well it works a treat, I will post some more pictures when I have painted and wired it up

Very neat! I have a 3-socket trailing extension plugged into my jobsite Midi and mounted onto the side of the vac - works particularly well for those tools that don't have plug-it cables - but I'm still swapping hoses and it can end up in a bit of a tangled mess.

Yours looks like a nice solution - I guess you could even use different sized hoses for different tools as wel, if you wanted.

Well cool!

Pete

petermillard":ajf7hgd6 said:
Very neat! I have a 3-socket trailing extension plugged into my jobsite Midi and mounted onto the side of the vac - works particularly well for those tools that don't have plug-it cables - but I'm still swapping hoses and it can end up in a bit of a tangled mess.

Yours looks like a nice solution - I guess you could even use different sized hoses for different tools as wel, if you wanted.

Well cool!

Pete

Pete,

That was the idea behind it, I just got fed up with swapping things over.

That came up today, I have a tiny belt sander that has a 25mm hose with a stepped adapter which fits the outlet hole :oops: by accident

Back