Featherboard kits for basa3 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niall Church

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,Is there a featherboard kit one can buy for the basa 3 bandsaw,I notice the channel in the table for the mitre jig is a bit narrower than other bandsaws!

Well,that too involved for me,nice,but a little bit much! Looking for something a bit simpler

I use a big lump of an offcut myself, and still have the square of ply with magnets stuck to the
underside to facilitate clearing the webbing when clamping it down, (back when I had lesser clamps)
I don't need to clamp that lump down too often, just held with my right hand, solid as you need,
and used with at least a 450mm length pokey stick for me left hand.
Not convinced by those gimmicky plastic things, they all look flimsy to me.

Screenshot from SAM_8111.MP4.png

Some say if the blade snaps, the most likely direction in which the blade might eject towards
is nearly where my hand might be....
Though I think that could highly likely be down to a saw what's outta whack to necessitate
such a thing, just something to consider.

1696033419695.png

Grant Goltz's setup is to use the fence from the left side, why I don't know
Could be the same thinking as above.

Centauro have had a machine with this option, what's not a dual faced fence
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZ...jpeg

Just stirring up some feathers really, especially as the Centauro has no milled slots on some.
If it were a good idea, then it'd be a done thing already.
I've not seen something like that from an industrial machine, and only seen them from utoobers trying to get rich quick.

All the best
Tom

Latest posts

Back