Evri. New Flat pack delivery.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Yellow_Ardvark

Established Member
Reaction score
A friend sent me a nice table.
It was bubble wraped, backed in packing media, wrapped in brown paper. Then placed in a plastic shipping container, then packed with more bubble wrap and packing media.
Then that was sealed into shrink wrap.

The Grunting Evri driver left this, in a clear plastic bag, with the senders details and mine stapled onto the bag.

When asked what I was meant to do with this, his grunts translated into.
Take it up with the office or sender.
He left dragging his knuckles.

DSCN3105.JPG

Last edited:
It beats me why people use EVRI - previously known as Hermes - given their reputation.

It is a bit like people flying BA and then posting their dire experiences with sad faces in the Daily Mail (other papers are available).

It's unlikely to be the driver's fault so what is he supposed to say beyond what he said.

You take your choice of rejecting delivery or accepting it and complaining. If the sender can be trusted, looks like someone within the Evri delivery chain with less accountability than the driver is more likely to blame.

Exactly Jake, this is what I always say when people comment "But my driver is fine!", yeah, so is mine, but if he gets handed something broken up the chain there's nothing he can do about it.

Evri is fine for cheap mass-produced clothes, but I don't understand why anyone individual uses it at all, nor any company sending anything difficult or expensive to replace, or anything fragile.

It beats me why people use EVRI - previously known as Hermes - given their reputation.

It is a bit like people flying BA and then posting their dire experiences with sad faces in the Daily Mail (other papers are available).
The rest of the 5 packages arrived via Fed Ex.

DSCN3110.JPG

DSCN3095.JPG

Arrived undamaged.

It's unlikely to be the driver's fault so what is he supposed to say beyond what he said.

You take your choice of rejecting delivery or accepting it and complaining. If the sender can be trusted, looks like someone within the Evri delivery chain with less accountability than the driver is more likely to blame.

I have seam Post office staff kick throw and generally abuse items to be delivered. From sorting office to the man in the van.

It was bubble wraped, backed in packing media, wrapped in brown paper. Then placed in a plastic shipping container, then packed with more bubble wrap and packing media.

The Grunting Evri driver left this, in a clear plastic bag, with the senders details and mine stapled onto the bag.

View attachment 181013
I always worry when I get the dreaded "Evri - we have you parcel" email.
However, my experience to date has actually been good with them here.
We used to use Hermes some time back as a delivery company at work, we stopped based on the large number of complaints.
I'm sorry about your situation, is the item salvageable?

To be fair, I wouldn't dream of sending a table like that, parcel delivery, in the way you described. It is going to become disassembled en route, 100% guaranteed. When I have to send delicate items, via parcel delivery, I make a plywood box and use plenty of bubble wrap or wood shaving or polystyrene beads as a shock absorber.

I work on the basis that these people only employ gorillas with an iq of 0.1, and ask myself what do I need to do to mitigate that.

The pieces shown seem to have separated very neatly, and with no damage to the joints.

It is possible that the table was on its last legs, with the glue having failed, and it fell apart sometime during the journey . . . .

In that case, who would be to blame?

I live in #2 in a street in a small village. To help delivery drivers there is a 2 by the door and a BIG 2 painted on the garage pillar which is what you see first from the road. There are just 5 other streets in the village, one of which has a name nothing like mine and a #18.

The occupant is very thoughtful and on Wednesday brought me a package that he found behind his greenhouse. Wrong street, wrong number, and dumped round the back rather than delivered. How can anyone be that bad? I know most drivers are on very poor contracts and are punished for lateness and may not have many other choices in life. I have some sympathy, but honestly...

I live in #2 in a street in a small village. To help delivery drivers there is a 2 by the door and a BIG 2 painted on the garage pillar which is what you see first from the road. There are just 5 other streets in the village, one of which has a name nothing like mine and a #18.

The occupant is very thoughtful and on Wednesday brought me a package that he found behind his greenhouse. Wrong street, wrong number, and dumped round the back rather than delivered. How can anyone be that bad? I know most drivers are on very poor contracts and are punished for lateness and may not have many other choices in life. I have some sympathy, but honestly...

And the carrier was . . . ?

Sure your friend did not send you a kit of parts? 😉

Back