Etsy ideas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just started a site on ETSY and would like some constructive critisism/critique, on my stuff and presentation, pricing etc. etc. etc.

All advice will be taken in the way it was meant, possibly.LOL :roll: :twisted:

Hope you like it, a little at least. (hammer)

http://www.artesanoleo.etsy.com/

thank you!!!

Leo :shock:

Hi Leo,

The presentation looks fine to me. I will be interested to hear what success you have as I have been considering Etsy for some time now.

You are asking sensible prices too, without going too mad. Some of the guys on there seem quite happy to give stuff away.

Good luck with it.

I have had some of my products on Etsy for over 6 months and I've not made any sales. I think because most of the people looking on there are based in the US and perhaps dont want to pay for shipping from the UK. Not sure really.

It's also not the best run site in the world. I've heard a lot of bad stories - peoples shops being emptied overnight but not being paid but I've not had any problems myself.

Just treat it with a bit of caution I'd suggest, much like most things on the web.

Your stuff looks fine so I hope you fair better than me :)

I would say that you ned a much wider range of product at all prices and stuff that is very quick to turn out in volume. The bowls and vases etc are nice but gobble up a lot of material, can be time consuming to make and are costly to post and the wood takes a long time to prepare and season. You need to make your photographs really stand out because there will be lots of other similar stuff and really create a look style, design and range that will make your brand stand out from the rest because there is a lot of competition out there. All I can suggest is keep tying different things. Ebay may even be a better option because it has far more visitors than Etsy and Folksy etc. You can only try and if you keep at it and trying diffent tings you will eventually succeed.

Hi Leo,
You didn't hang around with that Corian did you? You'll be needing some more at this rate!! Some nice stuff on there mate. Good luck to you :D

Cheers for now,

Dave

Thank you all for the advice and info.

Dave, I made another one today and it's already on Etsy.

I will try anything once and Etsy is the try of the moment, so see how it goes.
Thank you Dave for sending the Corian, looks great, but hard on tools and eyes if you ain't careful.
BTW. hows the Brazilian pepper

Leo

Hi Leo,
Not done anything with the pepperwood yet. That's one advantage of Corian, you don't have to seal the ends on a freshly cut piece :lol: :lol:

Cheers for now,
Dave

Back