Ernest Joyce

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DangerousDave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All
Just got Ernest Joyce's Furniture Making off Amazon. I know most of you prob have this already, but what an excellent book. I can see why so many woodworkers refer to it as 'The Bible' I haven't put it down since I got it :shock:
Anybody got any recommendations as to similar books that are available? I'm a relative novice and I'm looking for books on basic techniques. Cheers
Dave

If you have a look at the 'other side' Scrit has just produced a sticky (based on members recommendations) of a list of desirable reading material...well worth a look - Rob

Hi,

I can recomend these
DSC_0245.jpg

Use CTRL+ to zoom in.

Pete

Cheers guys
Rob, I took a look at Scrits post over there which is where I got the rec for Joyce. Its a big list of books, I'm looking for something fairly rudimentary yet comprehensive. I'll maybe start working my way through Pete's bookshelf. Santa's gonna have to get a bigger sack this year :D :ho2

BTW Pete, thats a nice measuring device/depth gauge/book holding up device/small poking device :D Did you make it yourself? I take it its used for more than stopping your books jumping out :lol:

Racers":96hf4fww said:
I can recomend these

Pete, we share more than a name - I've got most of those :)

Which of the Shaker books would you recommend? I've only got the Taunton In the Shaker Style, which is OK as far as it goes but is only a collection of whatever Shaker pieces FWW has run over the years and far from comprehensive.

Surprised to see none of Roy Underhill's Woodwright books in your collection.

went to the furniture exibition yesterday in cheltenham.
betty norbury has a book called "bespoke" looks great to look though its just pictures from different makers is 40mm+ thick but also £40

has anyone got it and is it worth it, would have got it there but didnt have the cash on me.

Latest posts

Back