DPD Delivery are terrible

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetyreman

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had notification almost 7 days later that my item has been delivered, contacted the guy that bought it from me and he says it's smashed into smithereens!

it was an acoustic diffuser which is very time consuming to make and each one has a value of £25 materials, so that's £50 materials as there was two sent out, and then there's the £30 for delivery, sent it last friday morning, and they've only just got it today, was supposed to be delivered on monday...

what do you think? have never been this stressed out about a delivery before, I think I should stand a chance if I took legal action against them.

surely you just make a claim on the insurance on the parcel? There will be a claims process on the terms and conditions.

I expect that there will be a battle about whether it was packaged appropriately and all of the usual get-outs that they try.

Sounds terrible! My only experience with DPD has been receiving goods, they appear to be swift and efficient. Perhaps giving them a chance to make matters right may solve the problem. Bad publicity is the kiss of death to this type of business. Going to law using the small claims court is worthwhile but involves work for you. Getting professional help can be a way to loose even more money.

I think it varies between regions.
Round here it's Hermes and others. If you want good service, DPD are the only choice... and ours are pretty amazing - Kind (even after they're technically closed), polite, punctual to the minute and true to their word. Royal Fail and Parcelfarce used to be as good, but now they'll happily play footie with your package (fnar fnar).

As above, you need to check what terms and conditions you are covered by, as they will follow that to the letter (no pun) in terms of what is their fault and what they believe is yours.

One other point - Get photos of the smashed diffuser from the customer. Withold the refund until then. If they raise issue, you can always say it's for the insurance claim... which it will be too, but also as proof for your own mind.
A lot of people will *claim* it's damaged and get a refund, just to rip you off...

Can you trust the guy? did he take pictures of the delivery? Did the driver admit and accept it was broken? Without proof any claim will be a "he says she says" which wont be paid out on.

should be able to claim insurance on it, luckily I DID pay a bit more for that, but I am still in shock at how badly it was handled, I'm in the process of getting more detailed photos from the buyer, I definitely trust the buyer in this case.

I suspect a lot of the delivery guys are self employed. We had a lot of trouble with ours (inbound): late, damaged, delivered to wrong address etc... until I met the guy and we had a chat after they claimed I had signed for something on a day when I was actually in Germany. Since then it has been OK. They have a pretty crazy workload. I avoid DPD if I can.

DPD has been very good for me, but I am always the recipient. With one delivery, the package had a noticeable dent in the side, and there was some rattling of components inside (Bessey clamps). The driver asked me to open the package to inspect the damage while he waited. There was no damage, and off he went.

I recently ordered 6 x 13kg tins of flooring adhesive, DPD delivered them within 2 days of order, they were boxed individually and 5 of them were so badly dented that the lids had been compromised and the contents were partially set, outwardly the box's were not damaged or any way distorted, I sent pictures to company I purchased from within 1/2 hr of delivery and they sent out replacements immediately, again via DPD, 2 of which were dented but the lids were fully intact this time. The delivery driver was very agitated as I made him wait while I opened all 5 parcels and wasn't happy that I wouldn't sign for them unless he marked them as damaged.
It does make you wonder how the parcels are treated.

We had a DPD lad deliver to us for years. He's moved on now but he was rock solid reliable and even gave us his mobile number just in case. He didnt load his own van, so I reckon its the handlers at the depot (probably agency) that cause the damage. Afterall, in the example above, what kind of silly person would want to chuck something with liquid about. Pretty sure if he messed up the van interior, he'd have his wages docked.

Just about every other courier firm I've encountered in the last 5 years are utter clowns.

bear in mind it's also DPD local, which apparently is different to DPD with the red logo, they are otherwise known as parcel2go and interlink, maybe that's why it was so bad, recieved the photos and it was in a right state, you'd literally have to throw it around on a concrete floor or deliberately smash it up with a steel hammer to get it in such a bad way.

I have received many parcels via DPD and have never had a problem so I have never seen how good or bad there complaints process is.

They are often a few minutes early for the delivery, as they are not sure where I am, and their systems won't allow me to sign for the parcel until the start of the scheduled delivery time so the driver and myself often get a few minutes to have a chat.

For several years I worked as a driver for our company. While collecting from and delivering to warehouses I've seen Dell PC boxes thrown from racking, jiffy bags kicked across the ground, boxes labeled fragile stood on...

Some people simply don't give a dung, others I think become desensitised over time.

Mark A":1ym53bex said:
For several years I worked as a driver for our company. While collecting from and delivering to warehouses I've seen Dell PC boxes thrown from racking, jiffy bags kicked across the ground, boxes labeled fragile stood on...

Some people simply don't give a dung, others I think become desensitised over time.

yes that's definitely what's happened with me, I am convinced it was deliberately destroyed, yeah it's the jobsworths who are too afraid to speak out and say something that are the real problem, that's why I started the thread, if anyone is ever thinking of using DPD Local, think twice as it's actually parcel2go, but they make it look like it's a different company, on your bank statement though it says parcel2go limited...

just read up all trustpilot reviews of parcel2go and DPD local and you'll see a LOT of negative 1 star reviews, saying consistently that the package was damaged in transit, and it was 7 days late, amazes me that people continue to use them even after all this, and they come up so high in searches, they only want people's money and can't deliver what they promise.

but from the other side, nobody goes onto trust pilot to say that they have had a parcel delivered with no damage, on time.

You have my sympathy- I am not defending them in any way.

Are you not confusing a courier with a broker?

Parcel2go are a broker who try and find the cheapest rate for a given parcel/destination combination. DPD are the couriers.

I don't see how it can be parcel2go's fault if DPD kicked the cr@p out of your parcel? Bit like blaming your travel agent 'cos you flight was late?

This from the man who is waiting for a parcel2go arranged courier to pick up a parcel tomorrow! :shock: :shock:

Hi all, i would say Yodel are the pits, we have been waiting 3 weeks for them to deliver a small parcel.
Every day we track it and it say's out for delivery, the day starts off with around 46 drops then when it gets to 1 and we are next the track
say's either can't find property or could not access the property.
We even gave them our email and telephone number but still no one contacted us, then last friday an operator rang to ask directions
and even she said how easy it sounded, she promised it would be here last saturday. Again tracked it during the day and by 5 it said we
are next then at 6 it said could not access property, what the heck does that mean.
Luckily its not important so its turning into something comical at the moment.
Also 2 weeks ago i ordered something for my business and that was sent with Yodel and again the same farce, in the end i told the sender
i could wait no longer, they returned my money and i purchased it with another company and received it 2 day's later.
A couple of years ago i tried sending smaller stuff from my web site booked via parcel2go with Yodel and many times they did not bother
to turn up to collect even when the collection was re booked. Only use parcel force via parcel2go now and so far no trouble.

Parcelfarce? Don't make me laugh. Their tracking system tells me this evening that 'The driver couldn't find my address but left me a card telling me what to do next'.

Reason why people get missed deliveries is often because they are right at the end of the run. These guys have more and more parcels to deliver and often they run out of time. Hence the ubiquitous if downright lying 'we couldn't find you'.

As for Yodel....

After waiting in three days, the Yodel website claimed that it had been delivered and left somewhere safe. This is their definition of 'safe' as left by their knuckle-dragging clown. Needless to say it isn't there. Well, by the gate by the road? C'mon!

Channel 4's Dispatches did a program on couriers a few years ago, found this on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_w7uSnOj0

We have a small courier company that does some of the deliveries in my area, had a knock on the door yesterday and it was one of the delivery drivers. He said that another driver dropped a couple of parcels off for one of the neighbors the other day, as they were out he had left them at another house, only problem was they weren't sure which house it was and he was having to go round all of them to try and find which one :roll:

Latest posts

Back