Door handles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davegw

Established Member
Reaction score
If this is the wrong place please feel free to flame but...

My kitchen is in need of a spruce up, but times are hard and budgets are tight (extremely so).

One of the things that would really help would be new door handles (several are missing or broken) - but the cheapest I've seen are about £5 each! and there are 20 of them to replace! does anyone know where I can get any cheaper?

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

MY door handles are holes drilled in the plywood put your finger in and pull, is that cheap enough? :lol:

Pete

The dreaded Ikea springs to mind, it's the sort of thing they do very well on a budget.

Racers":3ss88x2z said:
Hi,

MY door handles are holes drilled in the plywood put your finger in and pull, is that cheap enough? :lol:

Pete

I did think of that but have two prob's

1) The doors are chipboard so I don't think it'll look very nice :cry:
2) There is no way I'd get that passed SWMBO!
:roll:
But thanks Pete :lol:

I was in the same position as you the other day, needed 10 door handles for my wardrobes, but all seemed really expensive. Then I found that screwfix had them at rock bottom prices! Quick delivery and easy to work with.

Have a walk round a local car boot sale. Picked up 19 kitchen door handles(brand new from Hafele) for 10p each, plus 4 large f-clamps for a fiver.

Could you make some out of wood?

Seriously, there's lots of scope for design and creativity with handles, and you could make 20 from one of those offcuts that we all save because they are too good to bin, but are too small to make a big piece of furniture.

You can machine, or carve, or do whatever you like.

Andy

Latest posts

Back