Don't try this at home....or anywhere else.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope....not got a problem with any of that. Is this a trick question? :D :D

Mike

B*gger......amother posting in the Hades forum.

Bodrighy":x81lp5vq said:
Only positive thing is the testimony to the strength of the Nova

Which he appears to of cut into three pieces. :twisted:

I think he needs a visit from the H&S before he takes an arm off. :shock:

I`d have been impressed if he`d have turned the inside :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note to Stevebuk, i don`t think Record will up hold your warranty on your nova if you try this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: glad I took a look at this thread.
I quite like the finished vase but his technique with the chainsaw reminds me of a horror movie.
As said H&S should pay him a visit.

Now that's what I call a gap bed lathe!!! :lol: :lol:

The bloke is clearly a mentalist
000201C7.gif

Did you notice that he appeared to be more scared of the bowl gouge than of the chain saw (about 4mins 10)

Proper mental!!!!

Richard

Doug B":12a001su said:
Note to Stevebuk, i don`t think Record will up hold your warranty on your nova if you try this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

doug, now you have spoilt my competition entry suprise :lol: :lol: :lol:

stevebuk":a3anuji4 said:
Doug B":a3anuji4 said:

doug, now you have spoilt my competition entry suprise :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody Hell :shock: :shock: :shock: a pen that big would take some holding :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is one very scary man !
When he first switched on, and the piece was seen to be rotating the wrong way, I thought "I know whats coming here" .... but thats when Mr Chainsaw appeared and I was wrong !

I wonder if he has good insurance !
( and if they know what he does ! )

mad, but fascinating !

:D :D :D :D :D

Have to say that those turners seem to be a lot safer than the other one. Like th idea of using the diff and gears to make the lathe. Working from a 10' shed tho' I suspect it isn't somethign I'll be doing inthe near future :lol:

Pete

That big bowl......

Huge metal bells are turned in this country all the time, and I would think anybody involved in that would suggest you are ready for the funny farm if you suggest putting them on a horizontal shaft and vertical plate. The obvious thing to do is to turn them on a horizontal turntable on the end of a vertical shaft, which is, of course, what happens. There is no reason that I can see why you wouldn't do that rather than the spectacularly silly way these people chose.

Mike

Back