Domino - Alignment Tab Issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu_2

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Evening All

One of the alignment tabs on my Domino appears not to be aligned correctly, meaning my two work pieces are not aligned properly when joined. Hopefully you can see from the pics the one that's off the line.

I can't see a way of adjusting these tabs. Anyone else come across this before?

Cheers
Stu

vuqyhuda.jpg
vy5e6y9e.jpg

Could you fit a small shim washer to it? I take it the first one is the one that's out? Not had this problem on mine.

Have you been on fog, there is a link on there for supplement manuals for the Domino. Came in handy when setting mine up. Failing that get on to Festool, and test their excellent customer services. Love my Domino.

Good luck

Thanks Gents. No room for a shim, I'm afraid. I'll have on look on FOG now.

Apart from this issue, the tool is excellent :)

Cheers

festool regard their quality and work hard to keep their good name i'm sure they would help if asked.

jealous wish i had a domino!

regards richard

My Domino came with a little plastic bag containing a couple of spare flippers, a spring and a grub screw. The cat no on it is 495 337 so you could look up that part on the Festool eKat site. As far as I remember they are for making adjustments, and I'm sure I've seen something written about it somewhere - a look on FOG as suggested above would be a good start.

edit - page 16-17 of this pdf file talks about them, and mentions the spares that came with my machine, also how to adjust them http://www.festoolusa.com/media/pdf/475 ... usa_nl.pdf

Thanks for that. The smaller stops were included in my kit, so looks like I'll be able to have a go at sorting it.

The manual in your link is much better than the one that comes with the tool. I've seen it mentioned before about the difference in manuals, but didn't realise the difference was that much.

I download this supplemental manual earlier, which also seems very good. Loads of info.

Cheers

srp":mjmlizpq said:
My Domino came with a little plastic bag containing a couple of spare flippers, a spring and a grub screw. The cat no on it is 495 337 so you could look up that part on the Festool eKat site. As far as I remember they are for making adjustments, and I'm sure I've seen something written about it somewhere - a look on FOG as suggested above would be a good start.

edit - page 16-17 of this pdf file talks about them, and mentions the spares that came with my machine, also how to adjust them http://www.festoolusa.com/media/pdf/475 ... usa_nl.pdf

+1

I had to change mine to calibrate it when I first bought it. Look on YouTube too there's a couple of great videos by halfinchshy showing how to calibrate the domino

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back