Dominion lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VicF

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, please advise me if I infringe any rules.

I have just sold my Wadkin RS lathe, the longest bed version, because I needed to free up some space in my workshops. Ive replaced it with a Dominion Lathe- an ALY 1 (8 1/2" - 3'6" ). It's fitted with a 2" 4.5 TPI threaded spindle that is bored to 3MT internally. I've had to fit an inverter because I only have single phase and the motor proved difficult to replace with one of similar quality. I've repaired a broken crank handle on the cross slide and now its almost ready to go.

The problem is it didn't come with much tooling. In fact a single large aluminium faceplate fitted with a sanding disk was the only work holder that fitted the spindle.

So in the first place I'm looking to connect my 1 1/2" x 6TPI chuck either via the 2" spindle thread or the spindle 3MT taper.

Several people have pointed my to suppliers of adapters but none of them seem to have the correct kit.

I would really appreciate some help.

Attachments

• IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 326
I have never seen a 2" 4.5 TPI headstock, You may end up having to find someone with a metal lathe to create you an adapter to 1 1/2" 6tpi, for which you can use your existing chuck and purchase other items more easily. For an engineering machine shop it would not be a difficult task, especially if provided with the sanding disc as a model to work from.

You could look out for original accessories, but I don't think they would come up for sale very often.

Latest posts

Back