Dominio dowels

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making your own dominos makes an already great tool even better.

I never used the wide setting on my DF 500 until that lightbulb moment that I could make dominos that fit the wide slot, it's the perfect width for things like cabinet doors when sometimes one standard domino isn't wide enough but two won't quite fit.

I made some quick mini dominos yesterday, I was edge jointing some Maple for some shelves and the dominos were only there to help keep things flush. They were just cut off the edge of a 22mm thick board, I didn't even bother rounding the edges of them, I used the domino on the middle setting, they fitted fine and did what was needed.

Another reason to make your own is that it just seems right when the dominos are made of the same material as the rest of your project :)

Last edited:
All the time, not necessarily for the purpose they are meant for though:

trellis 1.jpg

Thank you all for your help, I will make some and see how it goes, I was going to use Beech but I will try using the same wood that I am jointing

Making your own dominos makes an already great tool even better.

I never used the wide setting on my DF 500 until that lightbulb moment that I could make dominos that fit the wide slot, it's the perfect width for things like cabinet doors when sometimes one standard domino isn't wide enough but two won't quite fit.

I made some quick mini dominos yesterday, I was edge jointing some Maple for some shelves and the dominos were only there to help keep things flush. They were just cut off the edge of a 22mm thick board, I didn't even bother rounding the edges of them, I used the domino on the middle setting, they fitted fine and did what was needed.

Another reason to make your own is that it just seems right when the dominos are made of the same material as the rest of your project :)
I wish I’d thought of that use for the wide number three setting (which I’d never used till yesterday). I’ve never been remotely inclined to make my own domi’s either, but it gave me a very quick and easy solution to a problem yesterday.

Back