Does anyone use "Preloved" to sell things?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
I've been looking for an alternative to the flea-thing for a while*, and got a circular offering membership for 2 quid.

What are people's experiences with Preloved?

E.

*The "other one" is deprecated here, partly because of the cost, partly because I don't like their business ethics.

i have not used it as a seller. I have looked on as a buyer, where things seem cheaper than ebay, however, you have to pay to be able to see the contact details in the first few days, and I havent done so. There isnt enough good stuff sold to justify paying a few quid to do so.

Most of the tools on there seem to be DIY based things- "great table saw from B and Q" etc. I havent really looked at other items. I would expect that you would get at least the ebay and paypal fees back in increased prices by listing on ebay. I think I would rather set aside half a day and do a good old car boot sale than muck about with preloved as a seller.

With the new listing fees and commission on postage and packing, any tools under a fiver will now go in my scrap bin not going to bother listing them so fleebay make more profit than me.

wizard":284c925g said:
With the new listing fees and commission on postage and packing, any tools under a fiver will now go in my scrap bin not going to bother listing them so fleebay make more profit than me.
Just to be sure - you're talking Ebay there, not Preloved ?

We sold a horse-trailer on Preloved, and bought another one from a Preloved ad. No problems, no commission or listing fees in either case. I'd happily recommend them to anyone.

I am assuming you are looking at business seller rates as private is free.
I have used preloved to both buy and sell locally (car, motorbike, wheelchair - anything thats too big to post). It works for that. Try one or two items as a private seller and see what response you get? You can then decide to subscribe or not.
Unlike Gumtree it is free to renew your ad (i.e. get back to the top of the list)

Similarly, I sold one of the kids bikes at Xmas that they'd outgrown. I used a website called freeads. It was also completely free and worked a charm. Very much a local thing but I think its a national service.

I did once try Preloved selling but wasn't very impressed - nor with the messing about to buy.

Hugely more buyers on eBay and dead easy to use but now they're getting very greedy (commission on P/P and only 20 free listings a month). I'm not going to use them after my current listings are completed.

So back to car-boots I think.

I have sold a few things on there before, but nothing woodwork related.
I put an ets-1825 table saw and m900 lathe on there yesterday, so see how they get on.
If they don't sell, it hasn't cost me anything.

Hi
I sold my old graduate lathe on there a couple of weeks ago, no commission great, sod ebay

Yep, just sold the entire contents of my neglected marine aquarium on there. Whole deal done within 2 days of listing. Would have been only 1 day but buyer got caught in nightmare traffic trying to get to me (from about 100 miles). All done in cash, no fees what so ever. Got the price I wanted. If it had been ebay, it would still be listed, I'd be getting the hump at the silly offers, the 'buyer' would have been a waster, ebay would get a chunk of my money however it turned out, and it would all still be sitting in my living room.

Big thumbs-up to Preloved.

Latest posts

Back