Disapearing acts...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice piece. And an Alan Peters apprentice with it!!! Nothing very new but great to look at. I wonder what make the plane he got from his father is?

Nice feel to the piece, and for once the genuine article and not some sort of pretentious bodger being talked up.

:wink: Pity the big reference to handwork comes against a slide showing shelves of router cutters, but it's none the worse for that....

eoinsgaff":3r16b0hc said:
Nice piece. And an Alan Peters apprentice with it!!! Nothing very new but great to look at. I wonder what make the plane he got from his father is?

It's a Norris isn't it?

Nice piece but two obvious journalistic blunders - turning gauges into gouges for making dovetails, and the stunning revelation that sometimes his wood comes from "felled trees"!

Maybe it is a Norris. I've only seen the piece once and I thought there was too much of a cut away to the back of the plane to be a Norris but my knowledge of these things is limited.

Eoin

Didn't particularly care for the bureau (too modern a design for my liking) but the article was well done. Wish I could cut DTs that well. Loved the timber from felled trees part.

Back