Dip in outfeed planer/thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam9453":1539jn6s said:
Yep 0.1mm is near as dammit 4 thou.
Moral of this story, I'm afraid, is don't go looking for problems.
Use a machine or tool and only if you find a problem do you need to solve it.
This is not meant to sound harsh but you'll never get around to making anything if you don't get on with using the machines rather than inspecting them.

Fully agree with you there, but newbie's coming from an engineering background, some peeps can't ditch the feeler gauges when wood working at first, I'm told.
Regards Rodders

Adam9453":ykfpefw6 said:
Yep 0.1mm is near as dammit 4 thou.
Moral of this story, I'm afraid, is don't go looking for problems.
Use a machine or tool and only if you find a problem do you need to solve it.
This is not meant to sound harsh but you'll never get around to making anything if you don't get on with using the machines rather than inspecting them.

This is fine but if you're buying expensive machinery or tools, you do need to check it before accepting it surely? Not everyone is above board when selling things, which can lead to many problems. It's not a question of going too far, so much as not wasting money on expensive machines which are out of spec or misold. Decent industrial machines in particular, are thousands of pounds, so it's not pocket money for most people.

Yes I agree check it, but by testing it rather than inspecting it.
I take spending money very seriously (grew up with very little) but the point I'm making is the only real way to test a machine is to use the machine.
If you tried running a dozen or more pieces of timber through the machine and got the results you expected, you wouldn't need to worry about whether the machine will work correctly, you would know it does.
I hope you realise I'm trying to save you time that could be better spent making the round tuit list shorter.

Adam9453":asfol45s said:
I take spending money very seriously (grew up with very little) but the point I'm making is the only real way to test a machine is to use the machine.
If you tried running a dozen or more pieces of timber through the machine and got the results you expected, you wouldn't need to worry about whether the machine will work correctly, you would know it does.
I hope you realise I'm trying to save you time that could be better spent making the round tuit list shorter.

Yes Adam I know what you mean exactly. Haven't got a 16 amp supply yet. I wish the sparky would get a move on and come around, maybe this week. One can hope.

Adam9453":1zapcsg8 said:

I thought making the round tuit list shorter was simply impossible :D

Ha ha, my round tuit list is getting longer everyday!! The more I do, the longer it gets.
I'm trying to get my electric supply to the workshop sorted at the moment, good electricians can be tricky to find it seems :(

Latest posts

Back