Dimplex Jazz Electric Air Heater Stove

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altheo

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had the misfortune to need to replace the rotisserie motor on one of these infernal contraptions. Is there an easy way ? Or do I really have to take the whole thing apart to get to the motor. Any advice will be welcome, but SWMBO will not let me scrap it and buy a completely new stove.

Hi Alan,

There should be an inspection cover on the back for changing the bulbs but don't know how big it is or what other things you can get to from there. Are you sure the motor has gone ??? is it making any noise at all ???.

Graham,
Thanks for your interest. The inspection cover is quite small, OK for changing bulbs but not much else. Almost certain it is the motor, the noise is so loud that it's uncomfortable rather like a screetching/grinding as if a gearbox has run out of oil. The whole contraption must have been designed by a meccano genius - all pressed tin and dozens of self-tapping screws.

Hello,,, might be worth checking Youtube,,,,,wish I had done that when replacing the motor in the Dyson,,could have saved myself a whole lot of grief,,,It"s good when somebody (in my case the supplier ) has a video up that shows you how to do it,,,
,,,,,joe,,,
PS,,the supplier was espares

Hi Alan,

If it's making a noise that tells me the motor is still working but something has come adrift.

I found this below using a search on the internet:

The heater is blowing out heat but the motor that makes the fake flames blow has stopped and is making this horrible noise. How can I fix it?

The rod that turns the bulbs, which makes the "fake" flames, may have gotten out of place and is grinding against something. Or, the shaft and motor need lubricating. You can access all of this, by unplugging the stove/heater and removing the cover on the back. Be careful when you remove the back cover, as the circuit boards and wiring are attached to it. You can only move it so far. If you see a lot of dust and lint inside, clean that out with a vacuum that has a hose and a brush attachment and a crevice tool.

Thanks for that. I suppose my first port of call should have been to the Dimplex Customer Disservice people to see if there's an silly person's guide to replacing the motor which should give a clue as to the best way to access it. I'll do that now.

The motor is described as " geared " in the spares catalogue and I suspect the gears are responsible for the noise. The motor is turning the rotisserie rod OK but I can't see if the rod itself is scraping on something. I'm sure to find out sometime soon !!

Back