Didn't ffx.co.uk use to have free delivery with no spend?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheUnicorn

Established Member
Reaction score
...or am I confusing that with another company?

You now have to spend £15, which is still cheap admittedly.

when did it change (if indeed it did)?

Last edited:
You are correct, FFX used to be free delivery on everything, I always used them for small bits and pieces like screwdriver bits.

Just put something for £8 in my basket and delivery was £2.95 so still not too bad.

no you're right it's still not an unreasonable cost in any way, especially when you compare to others (amazon £20, toolstation £35, screwfix £50, its.co.uk £100)

I was just recommending it to someone, based on their no minimum delivery, and then saw I was wrong, was wondering if I'd confused them with another site.

I think FFX are very good.

I ordered a little router cutter last Saturday afternoon - it was about £20, so had free delivery - delivery was Royal Mail Tracked 24 and the webpage said order within x hours for delivery tomorrow, Sunday. I thought, well they have got that wrong ‘cos Royal Mail don't deliver on Sundays; I ordered it anyway, expecting delivery about three days later as per usual with Royal Mail, but blow me, red postie van turned up on Sunday afternoon with it.

I have always had really good service from FFX, but in this case Royal Mail too.

(and I think free delivery with min spend of only £15 is now exceptional)

Cheers

CPC (£17.50+vat) and Zoro (£20) are good for free P&P as well.

I ordered a Festool jigsaw from FFX last Saturday night and got it on the Sunday. Brilliant, FFX and DPD.

Funny, I noticed a RM van here last Sunday and thought no, they don't deliver on Sundays - they obviously do.

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with an unexpected delivery by RM on a Sunday......The next day, I was actually just going into my workshop and the Postman was delivering my mail and I stopped him to ask about the Sunday delivery.....He explained that Sunday deliveries are part & parcel of why the posties are going on strike at the moment.....He proceeded to explain to me that the postmen are expected to work on Sundays but for no additional money ie....As part of their normal working week......He personally, had no issue with working on a Sunday if he had the choice, but he didnt feel he should have to be TOLD he was expected to do so....

If ffx are within a couple of quid of other companies, i use ffx. Delivery is usually very good.
Powertool mate are good too and buyaparcel

I think FFX are very good.

I ordered a little router cutter last Saturday afternoon - it was about £20, so had free delivery - delivery was Royal Mail Tracked 24 and the webpage said order within x hours for delivery tomorrow, Sunday. I thought, well they have got that wrong ‘cos Royal Mail don't deliver on Sundays; I ordered it anyway, expecting delivery about three days later as per usual with Royal Mail, but blow me, red postie van turned up on Sunday afternoon with it.

I have always had really good service from FFX, but in this case Royal Mail too.

(and I think free delivery with min spend of only £15 is now exceptional)

Cheers
Same here, I ordered some clamps next day del. onn a Sat. arrived Sun. When I asked what was going on, postie poited to the RM 24 label; "That".

Back