DeWalt table saw from Workinger Ltd - anyone heard of this seller?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistairmckinnon1961

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to buy a new DeWalt DWE7485 table saw. Most suppliers are quoting about £450-500 inc VAT, delivered.

I’ve found this supplier quoting £390 all in and delivered - but I’m suspicious it’s a scam. However the company does exist according to Companies House -since May 2023, and the addresses match…

Anyway has anyone heard of / used them….

https://workinger.co.uk
Thanks

Alistair

If you look on Trustpilot they flood gates have opened. Although the company has been claimed and they have answered every review. The prices do however seem just to good to be true.

Yes but, if it’s a scam, it’s still hassle to get the cash back from the CC company…. I may just go ahead, if I can get over the shot hat will fall if it is a scam….

I would be very suspicious, this looks just like an off the shelf business profile, someone I know off has bought into one, I know for a fact they have no stock of anything they offer, are now registered as a limited company, website is spectacular, the same profiles come up all over the internet with different company names, Pyramid selling springs to mind.

I’ve just looked up their address on Google maps. It looks like an empty building but I can’t see when Google maps have updated the image. But an industrial unit exists at that address. If that’s of any help.

Why not make life easy and stress free, buy from a reputable or more reconised outlet. You have joined a forum with many knowledgeable and very experienced people who can advise and maybe you want a DeWalt DWE7485 table saw but you have not said what you are looking to be doing with it, maybe there is something better suited. When you look at the saw in question these below are shoved in your face, so for just £36 more you can buy from Toucan tools and for £39 from FFX and both well known trusted outlets. Other sources are DEWALT DWE7485 so not a good idea to look based on price only, customer service and reputation have a value that has been earned by that outlet.

1690967147333.png

I’ve just looked up their address on Google maps. It looks like an empty building but I can’t see when Google maps have updated the image. But an industrial unit exists at that address. If that’s of any help.
Well we will see, order confirmation received same day, second day shipping / delivery info received- 7-9 days.

If it is a scam (even after getting the money) they are still going to a fair bit of trouble.

If it isn’t, then they should get some credit for much better pricing than the competition - who I think are milking DeWalt prices in the uk. Same think in US is 30% cheaper…. Why???

Why not make life easy and stress free, buy from a reputable or more reconised outlet. You have joined a forum with many knowledgeable and very experienced people who can advise and maybe you want a DeWalt DWE7485 table saw but you have not said what you are looking to be doing with it, maybe there is something better suited. When you look at the saw in question these below are shoved in your face, so for just £36 more you can buy from Toucan tools and for £39 from FFX and both well known trusted outlets. Other sources are DEWALT DWE7485 so not a good idea to look based on price only, customer service and reputation have a value that has been earned by that outlet.

View attachment 163805
I don’t need on advice on what to buy cos I’ve researched it carefully, and this is t my first table saw!!! As for cost, US prices are much more reasonable, and whilst FFX price isn’t that much more than this - they also charge for delivery…,.

As for cost, US prices are much more reasonable,
That is often right across the board, you will get an awful lot more for your money in the states than here in the UK but no easy option to buy without import duties etc etc so we are stuck with paying over the odds and almost as bad from the EU, a straight edge cost me double what it cost in Germany over the counter.

Hi, I want to buy a new DeWalt DWE7485 table saw. Most suppliers are quoting about £450-500 inc VAT, delivered.

I’ve found this supplier quoting £390 all in and delivered - but I’m suspicious it’s a scam. However the company does exist according to Companies House -since May 2023, and the addresses match…

Anyway has anyone heard of / used them….

https://workinger.co.uk
Thanks

Alistair
I saw this too late, I have purchased a lawn mower, but did not recieve a receipt or any form acknowledgement. That was cause for concern so started to research.
The phone number for workinger on their site says "you are not allowed to call this number"
I emailed asking them for receipt/ delivery forecast, order number, and got a pre-written message about delivery delays. Responded and got more or less the same. Replied again and got an apology with order number & Receipt.
I wish I had snapshot when on their website as it gave a delivery forecast.
If I don't receive a forecast within seven days I will demand a refund and then take things from there. It was only £83 but could be a lot worse. Normally I would have checked this out and mad with myself that I didn't do it.
Even if it turns up tomorrow I would advise against Workinger and the registered company. Hope this helps.

Any progress with your order Phillip - I got an E-mail last Sunday saying my order “now awaiting dispatch”, but nothing since….. oh dear….

Another mug here. Just dropped £200 on them for some bits. It's certainly a scam. The Number doesn't even exist after checking online. I've informed my bank. I bet they rake in thousands abd then just "poof" dissappear with our money. I feel such a daft sod.

Back in January this year a scam website appeared with full details/pics/descriptions etc of Charnwood machines.

The website is now long gone. badsaleshop.com - even that domain name would have maybe put me off ?....

Of course, the first the office knew was when we suddenly had multiple customers phoning or emailing in to query where their machines were that they had paid for...

The heads up to us all at the time from one of our directors is below :

"A new website has appeared listing all of our products at ridiculous low prices. It is a scam. They are passing themselves off as Charnwood.

Some customers have already fallen for it and paid money but will receive nothing.

If anybody asks about it, please encourage them to report the site to Google with this link:

Report a Phishing Page

Do not open the site yourself! It also contains malware
."

Sorry to hear people are still getting scammed, but I agree with Spectric regarding reputation of companies.

Nick

Back