Designing and building a shed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alie Barnes

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I want to build a 4 x 2.5m shed in the back garden with a slanted flat roof. Itll be built on a concrete plinth. i have had a look around the internet but have not been able to find any good books to help with design (especially the roof) and i wondered if anyone can recommend a good book that can help me find the answers im looking for.

Also has anyone any experience of fitting a window and door frame? i imagine the door frame is quite easy but the window will be much more tricky and i have to get hold of one, budget is limited so relying on second hand for that and probably buying the cheapest bricks i can find.

Thanks for your help and i hope people have some experience of this.

Is that a brick built shed? Or dwarf wall shed? If its timber frame/clad then I would do the window afterwards , saves a lot of time , you will be fitting a window mostly from the dry confines of your shed rather than stressing in the rain with no roof on.

Thats probably a little more complicated than i am looking for, i am thinking of a single skin brick workshop/shed, but the roof is causing me consternation as i cannot picture how to build it, it needs to be flat due to the planning limitations of being on the boundary of my neighbours. it obviously needs to have a slant to allow for rainwater to pass over it but other than that i cannot think how to build it.

if anyone has any ideas or pics or basic designs, not looking for complicated just functional.

Thanks

You want a pent roof. About as easy as it gets to build. Just google pent roof design or something similar. It's the same whether on timber frame or brickwork.

Latest posts

Back