Danish non oil info anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericdockum

Established Member
Reaction score
My son might be transferred to the middle of Jutland for a few months by his company, in the spring and SWMBO has of course identified the possibility of a holiday visit, Chunnel, drive up through Holland and Germany, ending Copenhagen and possibly just nipping into Sweden!

My thought, however, was what could I advantageously bring back in the boot? Denmark seems expensive so tools etc might be out, but are there any particular wood type I should look out for or places to visit? Or perhaps in Holland/ Northern Germany on the way through.

Has anyone visited the area or have any suggestions?

I have already thought of a couple of obvious Danish oil jokes , but please don't let that stop you. :D

ericdockum":1feclm7w said:
My thought, however, was what could I advantageously bring back in the boot? Denmark seems expensive so tools etc might be out, but are there any particular wood type I should look out for or places to visit? Or perhaps in Holland/ Northern Germany on the way through.

Has anyone visited the area or have any suggestions?

If you can't get bargains, get the unobtainable - in the case of Scandi-Wegia smith forged knives and/or axes spring to mind.

BugBear

thanks for the tips. I see there is a nice line in axes in the region, and Cropp in Hamburg looks interesting, and we would pass right by...

Will report if the trip comes off.

Thanks,

Eric

laederiet.dk/

If you're interested in knives you might also find this store interesting.
The store is in Aarhus, the largest city in Jutland and is also 5 mins from the motorway.
Worth a visit I'd say.
regards
Søren

Laederiet looks interesting, I have made some knives in the past, and it looks like they have everything, and a fantastic range of hides and materials. I was in New Zealand a few years ago, and picked up some skins there that have been very useful. I need to restock a bit now.

It is straight on (my) itinerary, and is so handy I might be able to sneak a visit there on my own! You are all sworn to secrecy of course.

Thanks,

Eric

Latest posts

Back