D&M Tool Show 9th -11th October (UKW MEET on FRIDAY at 2pm)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
custard":2ohhq28p said:
as well as the new chuck range. For a modest sized British company that underwent a management buyout not that long ago they have produced a lot of innovation. The chucks were very interesting as they've wound up the relationship with Teknatool so no more Nova chucks. This was done to reach a broader global market which for reasons I wont bore you with wasn't possible before. However their new range which they've designed from the ground up are in the same niche as the G3 and the SN2 and jaws are compatible.

Interesting. Can you confirm, are the new Record chucks and accessories compatible with the Nova chuck?

Thanks.

They are Custard yes. The only consideration is that because Record have fixed the "incorrect" tightening screw direction on the jaw tightening mechanism, it means the following:

When installing Nova jaws on the new SC chucks, align the numbered jaw with the numbered carrier for 1 and 3 but swap the 2 with the 4 and vice versa. That also works in reverse and the usual adage applies: Don't make the final tightening on the jaw screws until you've wound the chuck into its smallest radius because by doing so you get the best concentricity....then nip up the screws and the jaws will be as aligned with one another as they can get.

Newbie_Neil":34hre0p2 said:
Hi Paul,

paulm":34hre0p2 said:
Did the 2pm meet take place in the end ?

I was the only one there. :(

Still, I've just learnt that I was one of the prizewinners. 8)

Neil

Well done that man. Please, tell me you won the mugging kit :wink: . I found it hard to believe somebody was offering a hoody, beanie hat and knife as a prize combo :lol: .

Terry

Newbie_Neil":1lvrbv82 said:
Hi Paul,

paulm":1lvrbv82 said:
Did the 2pm meet take place in the end ?

I was the only one there. :(

Still, I've just learnt that I was one of the prizewinners. 8)

Neil
Well done Neil what you gonna buy with your voucher then ???

I enter every year and have never won.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Hi Terry,

Wizard9999":35j8gibm said:
Well done that man. Please, tell me you won the mugging kit :wink: . I found it hard to believe somebody was offering a hoody, beanie hat and knife as a prize combo :lol: .

I was lucky enough to win one of the 250 pound tool vouchers.

Neil

Hi Chippy,

chippy1970":34k04so8 said:

I haven't decided yet, luckily it's valid until 31/12.

chippy1970":34k04so8 said:

It was my first time at the show, as we happened to be having a weekend away in Surrey.

Neil

Newbie_Neil":smvg93hi said:
Hi Chippy,

chippy1970":smvg93hi said:

I haven't decided yet, luckily it's valid until 31/12.

chippy1970":smvg93hi said:

It was my first time at the show, as we happened to be having a weekend away in Surrey.

Neil
It's local for me so I pop in ever year for a quick wander round.

Where in Surrey did you visit ,anywhere nice ?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Hi Chippy,

chippy1970":1cxfq3hm said:
It's local for me so I pop in ever year for a quick wander round.

I'm not envious at all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chippy1970":1cxfq3hm said:
Where in Surrey did you visit ,anywhere nice ?

We stayed in Guildford and did RHS Wisley twice and also visited Shere.

We got to see Brian Blessed at the Guildford Book Festival. Brian is an incredible raconteur, but comes over as absolutely bonkers.

Neil

Latest posts

Back