crappy steal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all am new to this site

Am thinking of put ron hock blades in all my planes ? Expensive i no but worth it i think ! the blades i have no just don't hold a edge long :(
Any advise would be great thanks !!! :D

Hi, cheekyboy

They are good blades defiantly an upgrade from the standard blades, let us know how you get on.

Pete

cheekyboy":2g4po1ha said:
Hi all am new to this site

Am thinking of put ron hock blades in all my planes ? Expensive i no but worth it i think ! the blades i have no just don't hold a edge long :(
Any advise would be great thanks !!! :D

Have you considered Ray Iles - he's quite near to you.

BugBear

hey Cheekyboy,

if you click the Edit button on your first post you could change "steal" to "steel" in the title, and then everyone will have a clearer idea of what the thread is about. I was looking for a joke about "thick as thieves" or something......

Mike

The first ever 'good' cutter I had was a Hock, in a Stanley scrub plane. I thought it was a girder when I saw it. Cuts like a sarcastic samurai.

Might be a bit thick for standard bench planes, though, so probably Ray Iles would be a better (as well as cheaper and easier) bet.

He now has a working website

For a #5/05 - £21 standard, £31 high performance.

website

make sure you get to speak to him on the phone, Ray really knows his stuff! I had a great conversation when buying my #7.

EDIT: Ive also got a Hock A2 blade in my #4 and I like that too. :)

Call me old fashioned if you like, but there is a spell check box directly under the reply box,
I do think more forum members should use it. 8)
As Mike says it may go towards understanding what the thread is all about. :)

John. B

John. B":1lhk7m91 said:
Call me old fashioned if you like, but there is a spell check box directly under the reply box,
I do think more forum members should use it. 8)
As Mike says it may go towards understanding what the thread is all about. :)

John. B

two b fare the speel chucker wuoldnt have pecked oop cheeeky boyz splling mstke becoz "steal" iz a werd two ;)

OHHHHHHHHHHH :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Use Firefox browser. You can download the inbuilt spell-checker, which highlights mistakes with a red-underline as you type. (Mind you it doesn't even recognise the word Firefox. So I'll add it to the dikshunarie!)
Right then. Time to go home from skule.

Cheeky boy

Sometimes the thicker Hock irons make it necessary to widen the mouth of the plane body, to give room for adjustment. Just thought you should know.

Regards
John

Thanks for all your tips :) Have ordered a ron hock blade and chip breaker from classic hand tools . Hope they don't use the post office #-o And i am now using the spell checker as i need all the help i can get :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cheekyboy":y3g7p20c said:
Thanks for all your tips :) Have ordered a ron hock blade and chip breaker from classic hand tools . Hope they don't use the post office #-o And i am now using the spell checker as i need all the help i can get :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I doubt you'll be dissapointed! Did you got for the A2 or O1 blade? My A2 is excelent, takes as sharp an edge as I'm able to hone on it, lasts ages but honing can take a while.

EDIT: Seem to be suffering finger trouble this morning...

Mikey R":3976rjvo said:
cheekyboy":3976rjvo said:

I doubt you'll be dissapointed! Did you got for the A1 ro O2 blade? My A1 is excelent, takes as sharp an edge as I'm able to hone on it, lasts ages but honing can take a while.

(cough)A2(cough)

BugBear

Hi,

O1 for smoothers easier to sharpen IMHO. I can do my O1 blades loads faster then on one A2, LN 60 1/2.

Pete

Back