Coronada ceiling vents

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
I'm hoping you guys can help me out, again.

I am obsessed presently with lowering the RH and Co2 levels in my home.

I've posted previously but I'll repeat the details for those who didn't see previous threads.

My house was built in or about 1935 so you'll have an idea how thermally efficient it was/is.

Since I bought it <> 5 years ago I closed up two fireplaces, installed PVC double glazing to replace draughty sash windows, covered the T&G wood floors and the council kindly sent two guys out to put 12" of insulation in the roof space.

You know what's coming next, now the RH would be in the 70's and the Co2 would be in the 2000's when occupied, except that I have fans and a dehumidifier.

I've decided a more efficient MV is called for and I intend to hook it up in such a way that I can add the HR element later if I decide it's worthwhile.

I can get access to all downstairs rooms from the roof space, so it is doable but putting down ducting with over 12" of rockwool doesn't fill me with joy.

I read a reference to coranada vents which utilise "the coronada effect, Which to be honest, I never heard of before.

I take it to mean that when air is introduced in a stream parallel to the ceiling "the coranada effect holds it to the ceiling and it travels across the ceiling inside rather than through ducting on the topside, thereby reducing cost of ducting and stress of fitting.

I have searched Bing and Google to no avail for coronada vents.

Maybe I'm not using the right term or even spelling?

As always your views are welcome.

I have never heard of these things or coronada but it made me think of a fluid mechanics / aerodynamics thing I have heard of vaguely called the coanda effect.

I have never heard of these things or coronada but it made me think of a fluid mechanics / aerodynamics thing I have heard of vaguely called the coanda effect.
Thank you.

As I said I might not have the spelling correct.

Back