Concealed cupboards (fitted)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I made a start on my next commission yesterday. This time it is a set of cupboards in MDF to fit across one wall of a study. I got all of the 'boxes' finished yesterday and spent today making the plinth which is a deep one on this.

Then after cutting the doors to size I started to put a T&G detail on them and that's when the Gremlins crept in! Halfway across the door a clamp slipped on the straight edge and this was the result. :shock:

Looks like I will have to make another one now. :oops: :roll: I thought the day was going well up until then so i called it a day and went home. :( I am back on the shabby TV cabinet tomorrow so it will have to wait until Thursday now.

Funny you should say that as my neighbour called on me tonight and gave me this as he had never used it and said he probably wouldn't so would I like it. :D
I am sure i can find a use for it in my shop. :wink:

Well I had a much better day today and got all the TV cabinet painted. This afternoon I sorted out the doors on the cupboards after cutting another and had success this time. :D

Back to the TV cabinet again tomorrow to get it finished. ;)
As for the router gift, it works great and I'm impressed with the quality of it for a cheap router.

Today I have mostly been making shelves! Twenty of them to be precise! :shock:

I am sure glad I am not the one who's going to paint them. :lol:

Heard good things about Parkside tools. From aldi/lidl aren't they

Are they panelled doors or just slabs?

its fixed now or replaced! but a bit of bondo will fix that miss cut when its painted no one would know!

regards rick

Well finally got the cupboards finished at last. customer was very happy with the results too. :D

I sure am glad I didn't have to paint all these shelves.

Glad to also say that everything else went well today after yesterdays episode with the plinth. Well it was well worth it in the end as the customer gave me a very big tip with his cheque....£100 extra! :shock: he said he was very pleased with it and will have me back when the other room is decorated for some more cabinets. :D What a result! :D

Back