Computer case advise

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p111dom

Established Member
Reaction score
Need a new case then. Looking for as small as possible while taking a full size ATX motherboard. My old Dells case was amazing. Really thick steel. Quick release side panel. Quick release cd and hard drives. Massive fan that ran slow so was quiet. The ones down the local computer shop look and feel like they're made of coke cans. Anyone know of a quality case that's small ish and doesn't look like something off alien?

p111dom":2prh1fzm said:
Need a new case then. Looking for as small as possible while taking a full size ATX motherboard. My old Dells case was amazing. Really thick steel. Quick release side panel. Quick release cd and hard drives. Massive fan that ran slow so was quiet. The ones down the local computer shop look and feel like they're made of coke cans. Anyone know of a quality case that's small ish and doesn't look like something off alien?

www.cclonline.com is who I use.

I might have a spare case lying about. Will check - if you are interested?

Dibs

Thanks for your help so far. Got a case today. Took a bit of internal modification to get everything to fit bit I'm nearly there. Theres a lead on the case that says audio. The most likely looking plug on the board is marked AAFP. Is that the correct one?

p111dom":2tg4s2u4 said:
Thanks for your help so far. Got a case today. Took a bit of internal modification to get everything to fit bit I'm nearly there. Theres a lead on the case that says audio. The most likely looking plug on the board is marked AAFP. Is that the correct one?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/28900 ... r#t2138274

is a likely fix. What's the make\model of your motherboard? It'll be printed on it.

AAFP is the abbreviation for Front panel Audio. You really need the motherboard manual that will give you the definitive pin arrangement. On the other hand if you don't use any front panel audio features then I wouldn't bother with it. There used to be a two pin connector on most motherboards marked 'speaker' that the case speaker connected to - the one that makes the beep noise when the compter is booted.

Misterfish

Latest posts

Back