Cold feet and/or tired legs? Try these, they work for me!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, they look really useful =D> I just ordered some, thanks for the heads up.

Regards
Peter

I covered my entire workshop floor in them but if you do that I recommend you stick them down as they swell up in hot weather and stand proud in the middle of the floor

yes but.....are they comfortable.

A mate is an expert in Human Ergonomics and says that mats as thick as these can make it tiring to stand on because of the thickness and the high degree of yield in the foam used.

What do you guys think as I have been looking at these for 3 months and wondering.

Al

I assumed they were a high density foam and the yield would not be all that great. Still, if they are not as comfortable as I had hoped at least they didn't cost a fortune.

regards
Peter

I use some old children's interlocking mats (about 15mm thick) that my daughter was throwing out.
Great for feet and dropped tools! :)

Rod

I got the delivery yesterday and these mats are great. I wish the floor was clear enough to cover the whole garage.

Regards
Peter

Hi Peter

These look like exactly what I need, but it is unclear from the ebay images what the edges are like. Do they lock on all 4 sides, and do they come with edge strips (for all sides, or ...). I need to ensure that there are safe transitions from the uncovered areas to the covered bits. Having just started turning, and discovered just how much my legs ache from standing on a concrete floor for a few hours , I think these (or something similar) are a must for me!!

Martin

Martin10":3mevy7x0 said:
Hi Peter

These look like exactly what I need, but it is unclear from the ebay images what the edges are like. Do they lock on all 4 sides, and do they come with edge strips (for all sides, or ...). I need to ensure that there are safe transitions from the uncovered areas to the covered bits. Having just started turning, and discovered just how much my legs ache from standing on a concrete floor for a few hours , I think these (or something similar) are a must for me!!

Martin

Martin,
The mats come complete BUT!

The edges really need tapering to the floor, I have tripped over the edges a couple of times but up until now have not had an accident. (It depends on whether you wish to cover the whole floor, which of course nullifies any risk of tripping!)

The edges interlock neatly but I do feel that a spot of glue might be a good idea in the long term!

You only have to remove the interlock on the side nearest to the lathe but with a sharp craft blade it is easy-peasy!

Regards Peter.

Hi Peter

Does that mean there no tampered edge strips with the mats? The ebay page shows edge strips, (which I assumed were tampered). I suppose that if there are edge strips but they are not tampered I could make some wooden edging to hold them in place and also provide little ramps up (I only have a small lip I would need to worry about).

Martin

Back