Cleaning a stain off posh red leather handbag

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, sorry about that, I got confused about just who were were ribbing.
Talk about losing your marbles.

OK, is there any progress on this? Or do you, Bob, need to, etc, etc?
S

How about a very fine abrasive material, sandpaper would be too much, material with a bit of roughness to it, maybe course nylon...........what dernier stockings do you wear Bob ........... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Assuming it is a valuable leather bag, ( any value is covered) it will be covered by your household insurance policy. Personal items away from home are under most policies, so it should be replaceable?

Glynne":2m6la008 said:
I love this forum. You can go from suicidal ripping on a RAS to man bags in the blink of an eye - although I didn't think manbags came in red?

Sorry Glynne, you can't get the bright red that you may like, but you certainly can get the deep (maroon) red if you wish. Real leather though and a bit pricey. Personally went for the deep brown, but it holds my iPad nicely.

Alexam":9cqlq4cq said:
Assuming it is a valuable leather bag, ( any value is covered) it will be covered by your household insurance policy. Personal items away from home are under most policies, so it should be replaceable?

I elect for the max voluntary excess on all my insurance premiums to keep the cost down so although it is a valuable bag, its not that valuable :)

Can't think of any funnies at the moment, but sounds it's more likely a bleach mark than a stain so you may need to re color it, a bit of red spirit stain or similar might do the job.
does it match your shoes? got any red shoe shine?

Back