Check out this rack

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keato

Established Member
Reaction score
A bad title, I know :S

But I was sick of sifting through the packets of scroll saw blades (Pegas) & since I have many packets I have to go through them to find the blade I need to use. And actually didn't know how many blades I had at one time.
Anyway, had some cherry wood sitting doing nothing and made a test tube rack (ordered the tubes on eBay)

I didn't want to pay for a rack too.

Green tops are new unused blades, red tops are blades that have been used but aren't blunt yet so can still be used. I don't like throwing away blades if they can still do their job.

What does everyone else use for blade storage? Post pics :)

I have a carousel I made on thr lathe. It holds 12 tubes the same as yours Keato. I to dislike throwing blades away that still have some life and these I keep close to the saw in a piece of wood with holes in with each hole having the blade number marked by it.

At first glace I thought they were blood samples, but then I read the text and realised what a great idea you have come up with. I made myself a small set of draws to keep my blades in but distinguishing between a once used blade an new ones is always problem.

When I get chance I'm going to adopt your idea and make one for myself. Thanks for showing.
George

Here is my lovely rack... lol

Attachments

• Blade Storage.JPG
    Blade Storage.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 672
I have a similar arrangement, but in a carousel form, I have used 20mm plastic electrical conduit cut to suitable lengths, with end adaptors as caps.

I used electrical conduit, as it was readably available, but it can be obtained from any DIY store.

Chris R.

Hi Guys
Just as a matter of interest I make a nice few bob at the craft fairs selling paint brush holders that are the same as your blade rack but not as tall.
There are always a few painters selling at the fairs and they are a great seller, most want them with different size holes . I put about 12 holes in each one
Regards
Brendan

Back