CD Cabinet with Leaded Glass

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again, yes I've got brave and this came out of my workshop just before Christmas, Photos just took longer to take that I hoped.

Well its a CD and DVD cabinet made to match existing furniture hence the colour which took a long time to match, and ended up as a mixture of Jacobean Dark Oak and Dark Rosewood Dyes, I hope not to have to match anything else to it. The leading is stick on again to match the clients other furniture.

CDDVDCabinet.jpg

Oh yes it had to be built in to this alcove

I hope you like it

Bean

I certainly do like it :wink: That is a very nice job Bean - and you posted a photo of it :shock: :shock: :shock:

The leaded glass works really nicely with the dark stain and I'm sure the customer loves it. You're getting quite a client base these days :D eh?

(how many days until 'it' arrives?)

Mike
I really like the leading. I didn't even know they made it. Thanks for the idea.
I got mine from a local glazer, it comes on 20 and 50m rolls, and you need far more than you think.

Thanks for the kind comments all! :D

Bean

Nice Job bean.

I'm not sure I would have the patience for colour matching like that!

I love the leading, it must have taken a fair amount of patience to get it perfect :wink: :evil:
Les

Bean":30dux3vk said:
Mike
I really like the leading. I didn't even know they made it. Thanks for the idea.
I got mine from a local glazer, it comes on 20 and 50m rolls, and you need far more than you think.

Thanks for the kind comments all! :D

Bean
Thanks for the tip, Bean.

Knowing me, I would buy too little and have to get more. btw, I showed you cabinet to my wife and she wants to add the leading to a media cabinet--she liked yours, the color as well.

Thanks again, Mike

The leading is not so bad to do if you plan ahead and do your sums before you start.

The colour matching was a pain I was only getting one coat done a night and spent two weeks getting it right.

Would I do it again YES it was a challange and worth doing, my client is still over the moon with it and is asking about another piece. Buut this will be bigger made to house LPs and 45's for her juke box, the only down side its the same colour.

Tony wrote:
how many days until 'it' arrives?

... a new piece of machinery?...

Stewart

Ahh well you see its a ................................. No you will have to wait, I know the postie is fed up with me asking her if she has a parcel for me :roll:

Bean

Back